Creative or Fiio? Sub 100 Amp/DAC!
Dec 12, 2011 at 8:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ineedmorebase

500+ Head-Fier
Dec 12, 2011 at 8:30 PM Post #2 of 5
Oh and im also looking for bass increases, if that were to matter, im mostly into electronica and gaming.

Dec 12, 2011 at 8:52 PM Post #5 of 5
Update: My friend told me this review about the creative was ********: 

Creative has done it. This is like nothing I have used or heard from before. The sound quality from this little black box is BETTER than most high-end audiophile DACs and or headphone AMPs (330ohm rating).

I have used Grado, Firestone and many other high-end op amps and tube amps like the OPA627 chip. I have never heard ANYTHING that could succeed the OPA627's sound, but this has changed the history.

The clarity and definition when hooked up to my Shure SE535 is unbeatable. I then tested it on my Klipsch 5.1 THX certified theater system through its optical out, and WOW! This thing is a BEAST, the sound quality from this thing is WAY better than what you would get from a IMAX theater.

I might stick with this thing for my music collection for awhile before going back to my $3000 headphones DAC/AMP setup. The only reason I would need an external AMP for headphones is with sets higher than 300ohm rating.

For the everyday casual listener or audiophile, this is a MUST have. Creative has done it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back