Crypto skeptic
Apr 19, 2021 at 1:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Whitigir

Member of the Trade: Portable Modder
As the whales and the media outlets are controlling our lives. They are pumping Crypto like pumping up a *****

So, while something like Gold isn’t easily processed and harvested, there are so many Crypto that can even be made as a joke such as Doge! There will be more.

Then, what is the values based on ? Yes, the mining process. However, if anyone can replicate Crypto, then what makes it more valuable than Gold ?

If Crypto are all high and mighty, why are we using USD ? Why not Zimbabwe $ to buy it ? The answer is probably the whales are all using USD to pump it

So, in the end, it is the whales and their vomits that are pumping the Crypto. Then The question again, what is the real crypto values ? And why can’t government control them as they are controlling Gold or USD ?

Apr 19, 2021 at 6:03 PM Post #2 of 13
You're talking about bitcoin and such? I read even power plants that couldn't make it financially are being reinvented to mine bitcoins. It's the ultimate dot.com. Pure worthlessness made into fortunes. Facebook and google are the biggest businesses. It's something the sci fi writers never imagined.

Apr 19, 2021 at 7:12 PM Post #3 of 13
As the whales and the media outlets are controlling our lives. They are pumping Crypto like pumping up a *****

So, while something like Gold isn’t easily processed and harvested, there are so many Crypto that can even be made as a joke such as Doge! There will be more.

Then, what is the values based on ? Yes, the mining process. However, if anyone can replicate Crypto, then what makes it more valuable than Gold ?

If Crypto are all high and mighty, why are we using USD ? Why not Zimbabwe $ to buy it ? The answer is probably the whales are all using USD to pump it

So, in the end, it is the whales and their vomits that are pumping the Crypto. Then The question again, what is the real crypto values ? And why can’t government control them as they are controlling Gold or USD ?
It will not replace normal electronic currency due to inefficiency per tranaction comparatively. However, it has turned into digital gold or diamond. People hyping it up to it's current value.

There's a lot of things in this world that has hyped value and bitcoin is one of them. We really have no idea if it will ever crash or when. This is what keeps it going until it crashes like any other hype. We have no idea if it ever will either. We can only speculate, but lucky people has made hefty profit off of it is apparent.

We can only see what is going on now, and all else is speculation. Like anything in life, you take risk and you get lucky or not. No risk, no high reward.

It's a different age, different values placed. Look up NFT.

Look up gamestop. Like I said, different times.

Can be a trend or not. Future will tell. Trend is a term put on after it dies. Also, bubble is a term looking back, cannot be labeled as such until it burst if it is one.

I see it like today's stock. Intangeable concept with value created by people and you make profit or lose. Nothing more. So is that paper in your wallet. Just in a different form. Difference is, one of them increased in value drastically.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2021 at 7:43 PM Post #4 of 13
The things is that the paper in the wallets were printed, guarded by government, and then backed up by gold reserves. What is backing up crypto ? In the while, many people can replicate crypto. It is not like mining Gold, or printing USD

Apr 19, 2021 at 8:23 PM Post #5 of 13
The things is that the paper in the wallets were printed, guarded by government, and then backed up by gold reserves. What is backing up crypto ? In the while, many people can replicate crypto. It is not like mining Gold, or printing USD
No, if my history lessons are correct, Nixon went off the gold standard. After that paper money is like pringles. Spend all you want, they'll print more.

We have seen in Europe that governments default and only the people suffer while politicians make out fine. So paper money isn't worth more than the paper it's printed on.

Apr 20, 2021 at 8:10 PM Post #6 of 13
No, if my history lessons are correct, Nixon went off the gold standard. After that paper money is like pringles. Spend all you want, they'll print more.

We have seen in Europe that governments default and only the people suffer while politicians make out fine. So paper money isn't worth more than the paper it's printed on.
There are more to it, but only the US can print right ? Where as Crypto can be made as a joke like dodge coins and so on.

If Musk wanted to make Tesla Coins, he could have done so, and hype it up, but someone and somehow, he decided to go for Bitcoins

What if Headfi makes an HFcoins ?

That is my question, what security measures or limits that enable the values of crypto ? While itself is still based on usd , and everyone can make it. What other country in the globe can print USD ?

Apr 20, 2021 at 8:16 PM Post #7 of 13
Not anybody can make it. It has to be something that has market value. I'm not sure how that part is worked out or how many cryptocurrencies there are besides bitcoin.

Bitcoin is not based on the value of USD. It's based on the value of how much energy it takes to do the calculations.

At the end of the day if your question is about how bitcoin has any value, it is no less surprising than facebook google etc. which are huge companies that offer no real value. Something is worth whatever you can get somebody to pay for it. Sheeple rule the world.

Apr 21, 2021 at 7:21 AM Post #8 of 13
Not anybody can make it. It has to be something that has market value. I'm not sure how that part is worked out or how many cryptocurrencies there are besides bitcoin.

Bitcoin is not based on the value of USD. It's based on the value of how much energy it takes to do the calculations.

At the end of the day if your question is about how bitcoin has any value, it is no less surprising than facebook google etc. which are huge companies that offer no real value. Something is worth whatever you can get somebody to pay for it. Sheeple rule the world.
Facebook and Google are valuable for their services, and selling user information, advertising...etc...bitcoins ? not so sure

if no one can easily make crypto, then what is dodge coin ? If dodge coin can be made that easily, then what is to stop Musk or Gates to create M-coins or T-coins ?

I still think crypto has values simply because whales are pumping them up

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2021 at 7:26 AM Post #9 of 13
Facebook and Google are valuable for their services, and selling user information, advertising...etc...bitcoins ? Not so sure.
I don't believe there is any value in facebook, google, etc. It's just parasitic. Well there is value there, but not to consumers or businesses.

if no one can easily make crypto, then what is dodge coin ? If dodge coin can be made that easily, then what is to stop Musk or Gates to create M-coins or T-coins ?
I said you can only make it if you can convince people it's worth something. Like google, facebook.

Big markets are in the best position to invent a new currency because you will be able to use it to buy their stuff. So ebay, scamazon, Aliexpress etc. would be in a good position to do that.

Just like paper money, it's only worth anything if people use it. It doesn't mean it has any intrinsic value since it does not.

Apr 21, 2021 at 7:30 AM Post #10 of 13
I don't believe there is any value in facebook, google, etc. It's just parasitic. Well there is value there, but not to consumers or businesses.

I said you can only make it if you can convince people it's worth something. Like google, facebook.

Big markets are in the best position to invent a new currency because you will be able to use it to buy their stuff. So ebay, scamazon, Aliexpress etc. would be in a good position to do that.

Just like paper money, it's only worth anything if people use it. It doesn't mean it has any intrinsic value since it does not.
Then nothing can stop Musk making T-coins, or Tesla coins. So Tesla can trade with it, and since Musk has the influences to create ripples, he has a better chances to success in T-coins than Dodgecoins or Bit-coins , since both Dodge and Bit creators are like nobody compare to Musk or Gates.

Then again, the security of crypto is not like USD, where only USA can print it and keep it secured, where as crypto can be made easily in comparison

Apr 21, 2021 at 7:32 AM Post #11 of 13
Facebook and Google are valuable for their services, and selling user information, advertising...etc...bitcoins ? Not so sure.

I still think crypto has values simply because whales are pumping them up

You need gigantic amounts of processing power to mine Doge or Bitcoin. It is not made easily.

https://www.coinwarz.com/mining/dogecoin/hashrate-chart

https://btc.com/stats/diff

138 Exahashes in the case of bitcoin is an insane amount of computing power. I cant even imagine what it would take to run something that size, possibly a computer farm the size of a few thousand acres.

Apr 21, 2021 at 7:59 AM Post #12 of 13
Then nothing can stop Musk making T-coins, or Tesla coins. So Tesla can trade with it, and since Musk has the influences to create ripples, he has a better chances to success in T-coins than Dodgecoins or Bit-coins , since both Dodge and Bit creators are like nobody compare to Musk or Gates.
Sure, and it would be right up his alley since he makes batteries and consumes a lot of electricity anyway. He could use idle engine rpm to bitcoin mine in the cars at stoplights etc.
Then again, the security of crypto is not like USD, where only USA can print it and keep it secured, where as crypto can be made easily in comparison
Crypto currency cannot be counterfit easily. Not sure how true that is of paper currency.

Apr 21, 2021 at 8:01 AM Post #13 of 13
You need gigantic amounts of processing power to mine Doge or Bitcoin. It is not made easily.

https://www.coinwarz.com/mining/dogecoin/hashrate-chart

https://btc.com/stats/diff

138 Exahashes in the case of bitcoin is an insane amount of computing power. I cant even imagine what it would take to run something that size, possibly a computer farm the size of a few thousand acres.
I understand, and until one point it won’t be easily computed or mined anymore. But what I am saying here is that what is stopping the whales such as Gates or Musk to make their own currency instead ? Let’s just say Musk suddenly decided to pump billions to make T-coins, together with his influences and connections, then all other whales will jump boats and the bit coins will slowly be sunk (the point where the burst inevitably happens), and the new shift points are there already (T-coins).

Then what is there to warrant the value of bitcoins ?

Printed UsD is different, because of again, the influences and connections of the US to the globes as a country. There is no way to defeat the US influences and connections at this moment, though China and Russia and other countries do want to try, which the US is welcome them to do so.

So to the ultimate question, what is to warrant Crypto values ? Beside the whales who are pumping them

Sure, and it would be right up his alley since he makes batteries and consumes a lot of electricity anyway. He could use idle engine rpm to bitcoin mine in the cars at stoplights etc.

Crypto currency cannot be counterfit easily. Not sure how true that is of paper currency.
no need to counterfeit, just hack into and steal values . Everything man made is hackable, even nature can be hacked (hence technology and human advances)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back