Cubot H1 Android 5.1 5200mah Dual Sim Slot Micro SD slot OTG 5.5 Inch Screen beast of a product but I have an OTG problem -please help!!!!
Jun 3, 2016 at 12:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Takeanidea

Headphoneus Supremus
Does anyone own one of these? I bought mine new for £105 direct from Cubot off amazon.co.uk with next day delivery. The following came supplied as standard - a case , a factory fitted screen protector , a quick charging cable and adapter and an otg cable. I kid you not.
However I seem to be unable to get rid of noise when I play anything through the OTG. Having tried cables , adapters, ferrite rings, metal sheets the only reasonably effective solution is when I switch the screen off. @PhilW suggested this is highly likely to be a short on the motherboard.
What I'd like to know is this- does anyone have an H1 they could try? If there is no interference then I can get a replacement as they are an amazing phone apart from this issue.
I have messaged Cubot through Amazon and their own site but nothing too useful has come back from them yet
Trev

Oct 15, 2016 at 7:35 PM Post #6 of 9
The fix I gave you failed to work tonight. It is clear that there is no pleasure with the pain it takes to make it work. I am going to return my DAC and get one that I know works with my Doogee. I hope the higher end android work better!

Oct 15, 2016 at 9:48 PM Post #7 of 9
I bought a Motorola Moto G4 - it works perfectly with the OTG , on all audio. So apart from the loss of the phenomenal battery life I'm happy
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 17, 2016 at 5:01 AM Post #8 of 9
Hello,
I just did the same (g4 play) and it worked immediately. Bye bye cheap phones. The g4 play is not that expensive and as I use it exclusively as music player (with Tidal and Deezer), it seems fine for me. Considering the time spent on getting the doogee to accept a DAC (apart from the Teac P50 which worked out of the box), the savings is not worth it.
Vlad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back