Custom Art FIBAE 7 announcement & impressions thread
Mar 12, 2020 at 11:59 AM Post #451 of 749
fibae7.jpgfibae7l.jpgfibae7r.jpg
These Fibae 7 beauties have finally arrived ! Even before burn in they sound great !
Thank you! I'm glad you like the design. :) No burn in needed as other guys said.
Big thanks to Piotr, Kamil (for all conversation and patience), from today I´m proud owner of your FIBAE 7.
I want thank forum Head-Fi too, specially to all reviewers and contributors in this thread.
Sound from my Sansa Clip+ is incredible, thumbs up your work!
Enjoy!
Just curious if anyone has returned to the stock 'Null Audio Arete' cable after rolling a few aftermarket cables? I did this about a week ago and instantly loved it. Timbre, especially in the upper mids and treble became more realistic. I now think it sounds better than these:

plussound exo copper (ready to ship variant) - a bit too much bite in the lower treble for me but good tonal balance.

triton4 copper (non litz variant) - smooth operator with upper treble slight increase, a bit more sub-bass, a tiny haze over low level detail, but has good macro-dynamics

Satin audio griffin - the closest to stock 'arete' cable, and great clean resolving ability.

None of these cables presents a 'night and day' difference. They're all very minor changes. Still, there's something that just sounds right with the stock cable. The upper harmonic overtone balance is such that the timbre of instruments and voices is noticeably better than with the other cables. The consonants in vocals and cymbals especially stand out as realistic. Hitting the ride (the 'bell' part near the center) is so darn convincing. Sure, it was tuned with this cable in mind, so it's not a big surprise.
That is definitely how we feel about Arete pairing. It's simply the best of everything I tried so far, beating pure silver cables etc. There's something that just sounds so right with this pairing.
DSC_0112.jpg
I know Clip+ is a thing of the past, but with these gems there is still pure pleasure in listening to music!
Thank you for it, in these bad days...
:)

Mar 21, 2020 at 9:40 AM Post #452 of 749
While I have made quite a few comments regarding the pairing on PW Audio No.10, I do absolutely love the pairing with the stock Arete cable. I think it is important to realize that when Piotr or any artisan releases a product, the last thing they want is for the consumer to listen to their product and say this sounds bad. So the cables that are given as stock are tested as a pairing. That said, while I am not a huge cable guy, I do feel there are enhancements(even if slight) that can be made. This being a flagship for CA, I am sure Piotr found the best pairing possible while being able to keep the costs affordable. The Arete adds a wonderful tinge of warmth and tonality to the F7.

Mar 29, 2020 at 11:18 AM Post #453 of 749
My take on the mighty FIBAE 7, Custom Art FIBAE 7 Review
Enjoy & Happy Listening, as always! Stay safe during the pandemic everyone. :)

photo_2020-03-29_15-17-32.jpg

Mar 29, 2020 at 12:10 PM Post #455 of 749
thank you for the review. It would be nice to hear your opinion on fit and isolation on those.
Jose
For the universal fit, the shell is small and perfect fit for my ears. Regarding isolation, it is alright I guess. If you care for isolation, you may want to take a look at the custom option. Cheers!

Jun 17, 2020 at 10:34 AM Post #461 of 749
Jun 17, 2020 at 12:39 PM Post #463 of 749
I am so impressed with the F7. The signature is so balanced and non-offensive. I am enjoying them on this rainy day paired with the PW Audio No.10 cable and the SP2K. Bass is balanced in the mix, but when a track has a bass run, the F7 digs into the mix and pulls it out. Overall, very dynamic and balanced. Piotr, the F7 is the big leagues in BA's.

I am ready to hear your take on a hybrid configuration.

20200617_123247.jpg

Jun 17, 2020 at 1:04 PM Post #464 of 749
I am so impressed with the F7. The signature is so balanced and non-offensive. I am enjoying them on this rainy day paired with the PW Audio No.10 cable and the SP2K. Bass is balanced in the mix, but when a track has a bass run, the F7 digs into the mix and pulls it out. Overall, very dynamic and balanced. Piotr, the F7 is the big leagues in BA's.

20200617_123247.jpg
Nah, just make it a dynamic :p

Jun 18, 2020 at 4:56 AM Post #465 of 749

20200617_123247.jpg
Thanks man!
I really appreciate it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back