Custom Art FIBAE Black Announcement
Mar 5, 2019 at 4:04 AM Post #286 of 552
December 7th was payment. I had some specific artwork on one unit and recessed jacks so that is some extra time.
Thanks and congratulations

Mar 5, 2019 at 4:06 AM Post #287 of 552
Yeah... I'm so sorry about such long turnaround, but yes, we finally managed to sort out our printing capabilities and now the artworks should be much better than before and allow for even cooler designs

Can't wait to see some examples... :wink:

Mar 5, 2019 at 5:54 AM Post #288 of 552
Today I decided to try out the Black from the mere iPhone dongle and I must say, I am impressed at how good it sounds :)

My preferred source still is iDSD Micro BL because the 3D+ switch really bring a tad of air and articulation, but still very enjoyable combination the synergy with the iPhone is really very very good with the Black!

I must say again, the fit is amazing and the isolation one notch up from my VE8 and Phantom thanks to deeper and tighter insertion.

Mar 5, 2019 at 7:30 AM Post #290 of 552
Yeah... I'm so sorry about such long turnaround, but yes, we finally managed to sort out our printing capabilities and now the artworks should be much better than before and allow for even cooler designs

Very understandable, this was a pretty big undertaking for you folks. Appreciate the excellent communication throughout.

Mar 5, 2019 at 9:43 AM Post #291 of 552
That's the beauty of the FIBAE tech! :D

Does it apply there though, the iPhone dongle has a very low output impedance (<0.5ohm) doesn't it?

Mar 5, 2019 at 10:06 AM Post #292 of 552
Does it apply there though, the iPhone dongle has a very low output impedance (<0.5ohm) doesn't it?
What I meant is pairing - since the FIBAE is not prone to changes in sound signature and typically very easy to drive it pairs nicely with pretty much everything

Mar 5, 2019 at 10:11 AM Post #293 of 552
What I meant is pairing - since the FIBAE is not prone to changes in sound signature and typically very easy to drive it pairs nicely with pretty much everything

Ok, so I can continue using iphone 6s then :) .
Another question that probably sounds strange - I have issues with ear pressure. It usually is not a big issue, unless I am using bass rings on 2000j.
That's why I am a bit worried about buying ciems, as I expect that issue is present as the seal is a lot better. Did you ever have complaints from someone?

Mar 5, 2019 at 10:48 AM Post #294 of 552
That's why I am a bit worried about buying ciems, as I expect that issue is present as the seal is a lot better. Did you ever have complaints from someone?
We had some cases of pressure build up and it was easily resolved by making slightly smaller shell - basically reducing isolation just a tiny bit

Mar 5, 2019 at 11:58 AM Post #295 of 552
Yes there is a bit of pressure build up, for me it just happened a bit when I had a cold but you can relieve pressure a bit by pulling the ear and let it go so... now with a big cold I would be careful.
Still, I love it that way, such great isolation!

Mar 5, 2019 at 12:27 PM Post #296 of 552
Today I decided to try out the Black from the mere iPhone dongle and I must say, I am impressed at how good it sounds :)

My preferred source still is iDSD Micro BL because the 3D+ switch really bring a tad of air and articulation, but still very enjoyable combination the synergy with the iPhone is really very very good with the Black!

I must say again, the fit is amazing and the isolation one notch up from my VE8 and Phantom thanks to deeper and tighter insertion.

Will be using mine with either hiby r6 (non pro) or shanling M0.

Mar 5, 2019 at 1:41 PM Post #297 of 552
Mar 5, 2019 at 1:47 PM Post #298 of 552
Can't wait to see some examples... :wink:
I'm curious about this too: Are we talking about artwork in the shell or the faceplate? I'm not too keyed into how to build a CIEM but my understanding is that the shell (at least on the Black) is 3D printed, the electronic and acoustic guts are installed, and then the faceplate is installed by hand.

Regardless, the thought of CA's breathtaking designs coming through the 3D printing process would be great news!

Mar 5, 2019 at 3:49 PM Post #299 of 552
I'm curious about this too: Are we talking about artwork in the shell or the faceplate? I'm not too keyed into how to build a CIEM but my understanding is that the shell (at least on the Black) is 3D printed, the electronic and acoustic guts are installed, and then the faceplate is installed by hand.

Regardless, the thought of CA's breathtaking designs coming through the 3D printing process would be great news!

Unless Piotr has somehow managed to crack swirl 3D-printing within the two months since I interviewed him, I must assume he's talking about printing artwork on the faceplates. But, you'll never know...

Mar 5, 2019 at 5:13 PM Post #300 of 552
Yes this is how it's done. Multicolored graphics require to be printed on the surface of the faceplate and we've finally been able to set up optimal process for looks/quality/durability etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back