Custom Art FIBAE Black Announcement
Sep 22, 2019 at 11:55 PM Post #511 of 552
I've noticed my Custom Black sounds a little bassier when I'm sitting up. When I lay back it sounds more balanced. Most time I liten to my music while laying back so it kinda works out. It never feels like its going to fall out though. Has anyone experienced this with a custom?

The human ear can slightly change its shape depending on the position of your head, your jaw, etc., so this is very much natural. It's why an IEM can also sound different or fit differently when we're eating, yawning, etc. You lying down may have caused a slight change in shape that's allowed the slightest loss of a seal, which reduces the bass response.

Sep 23, 2019 at 12:12 AM Post #512 of 552
I've noticed my Custom Black sounds a little bassier when I'm sitting up. When I lay back it sounds more balanced. Most time I liten to my music while laying back so it kinda works out. It never feels like its going to fall out though. Has anyone experienced this with a custom?

Yep that’s pretty normal. It’s why it’s important to get your ear impressions done in your natural listening position and condition.

Oct 7, 2019 at 5:35 PM Post #513 of 552
Already in love... Calyx M and Fibae Black... Cozyness at its best
IMG_20191007_232442.jpg
IMG_20191007_231751.jpg
IMG_20191007_233124.jpg

Oct 7, 2019 at 5:37 PM Post #514 of 552
Beautiful pics !

Nov 28, 2019 at 10:53 AM Post #517 of 552
Man I like those

I might just reshell them for the fun of it someday, plus switch to 2 pin for some reason back then I chose MMCX for the Black :thinking:

Nov 28, 2019 at 1:00 PM Post #518 of 552
me: <realizes my Black are in the mail and are being shipped back to me as I type>
also me: <thinking about getting a box ready to send them back>
also also me: <realizes it's been months since I first broke them and had to send them in so I'd rather just listen to them instead>
final me: <begins checking bank account for money to order new IEMs>

Question to @piotrus-g : If my memory is right, you mentioned that all orders for black colored shells would be 3D-printed. Is this true for all clear shells from here forward as well? Also in my memory, you mentioned once you figured out 3D-printing the clear shells, other colors would be easier to do. Is that still true? Are we close to the utopia of 3D-printed shells in different colors? (Even just solid colors - I imagine the patterns and swirls are harder to replicate in the process).

Nov 28, 2019 at 3:19 PM Post #519 of 552
me: <realizes my Black are in the mail and are being shipped back to me as I type>
also me: <thinking about getting a box ready to send them back>
also also me: <realizes it's been months since I first broke them and had to send them in so I'd rather just listen to them instead>
final me: <begins checking bank account for money to order new IEMs>

Question to @piotrus-g : If my memory is right, you mentioned that all orders for black colored shells would be 3D-printed. Is this true for all clear shells from here forward as well? Also in my memory, you mentioned once you figured out 3D-printing the clear shells, other colors would be easier to do. Is that still true? Are we close to the utopia of 3D-printed shells in different colors? (Even just solid colors - I imagine the patterns and swirls are harder to replicate in the process).
For now we are going to 3D print clear only for Blacks.
As for the other colors... We will see how it goes. We already have some ideas for next steps

Jun 9, 2020 at 12:08 PM Post #520 of 552
Each time I am going back to the Black, I am reminded of its uniqueness and especially those liquid mids, since I acquired the Lotoo PAW Gold Touch I must say I enjoy a bit more transparency that brings the Black to another level. Still such a fantastic performer and unique euphonic signature that is so relaxing and engaging!

Too bad there isn't much activity around here, Black deserves the love!!!

Jun 9, 2020 at 12:22 PM Post #521 of 552
Had the fibae 2's in at work today, but might give the blacks a spin tomorrow. CA as a whole doesn't seem to get talked about much, aside from product launches*. Guess everyone's enjoying the music.

*Speaking of which, it's been a couple of months (just kidding) since the last announcement, anything in the pipe line @piotrus-g?

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2020 at 12:25 PM Post #522 of 552
Each time I am going back to the Black, I am reminded of its uniqueness and especially those liquid mids, since I acquired the Lotoo PAW Gold Touch I must say I enjoy a bit more transparency that brings the Black to another level. Still such a fantastic performer and unique euphonic signature that is so relaxing and engaging!

You got me there pal, I have the LPGT also and I've been thinking of testing the Black as my first CIEM. I guess at this point I will soon be heading towards the audiologist...

Jun 9, 2020 at 12:33 PM Post #523 of 552
You got me there pal, I have the LPGT also and I've been thinking of testing the Black as my first CIEM. I guess at this point I will soon be heading towards the audiologist...
Couldn't be in safer hands with Piotrus and the CA team. They'll see you right.

Jun 9, 2020 at 2:29 PM Post #524 of 552
*Speaking of which, it's been a couple of months (just kidding) since the last announcement, anything in the pipe line @piotrus-g?

No, please, my bank account needs time to replenish...

Due to a tragic accident, I had to get my Black remade. I keep forgetting to come back and post pictures of it. It was definitely a bittersweet event: bitter because I had to go without them for a few months (and deplete my audio budget for the moment) but it was also a blessing in disguise since I took the opportunity to put extra thought into the design (I know my last post on this thread was thinking about getting them remade but I swear that was a joke at the time and I didn't do this on purpose. I do have to say, though, the clear shells have a great aesthetic pairing with the silver cable...).

Jun 9, 2020 at 2:30 PM Post #525 of 552
Had the fibae 2's in at work today, but might give the blacks a spin tomorrow. CA as a whole doesn't seem to get talked about much, aside from product launches*. Guess everyone's enjoying the music. *Speaking of which, it's been a couple of months (just kidding) since the last announcement, anything in the pipe line @piotrus-g?

Yeah Custom Art product last well beyond their launches, dare I say instant classic?

FIBAE7 is still my absolute favorite and I have heard plenty of the new stuff in TOTL, still a very distinctive tuning and the best fit of all my customs. Something to be said for craft and tuning knowledge :) Black is just as unique, now I just have FIBAE6 to catch up with!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back