Custom Art's First Foray into Acrylic CIEMs: Ei.3
Sep 18, 2015 at 4:30 PM Post #212 of 343
  I hope you don't mind me chime in, but we do not really do Black Friday, sorry.

Black Friday is typically American. CA is Polish. No need to feel sorry :D
I know CIEMs represent a big investments but Custom Art's prices are already no brainers. Moreover, there are nice little Massdrop sales every now and then :wink:

Sep 19, 2015 at 1:06 AM Post #213 of 343

Haha yep no need to feel sorry, juts thought it was worth a shot. =) Anyways I'll still be saving up for it. :D

Sep 19, 2015 at 1:42 PM Post #214 of 343

If you do Black Friday your profit margins would be negative! :)

Sep 21, 2015 at 6:12 PM Post #218 of 343
What driver combination is this ciem ?
2 low and 1 high/mid or
1 low , 1 mid ,1 high ?

Piotr's own words from 2nd page of this topic:

Custom Art Ei.3 is REAL and we are so excited about it!
This our first step into acrylic monitors and we brought our A-game to make this very enjoyable-sounding IEM for affordable price.
What to expect? Ei.3 sounds BIG, we have incorporated one dedicated sub-woofer, one full-range and one tweeter. Everything has been carefully tuned to make sound coherent and effortless.
Bass is the foundation of the signature, there's plenty of sub-bass vibration and texture without distortion, we didn't forget about good control so despite warm presentation there's no mid-bass bump. Mids are smooth, intimate, Upper frequencies are airy and spacious but tamed accurately to be smooth with hints of precision.
You'll definitely hear Custom Art's house sound in this monitor, slightly more powerful than before.
For customization we will offer 4 basic colors, 6 special colors and possibility of custom color.
All options like canals, faceplates etc. will still be available.
Ei.3 comes with detachable cables only.
Specs:
- Three Balanced Armature per earpiece
- 3-way configuration
- 118dB @1kHz @0.1V
- 65 Ohm @1kHz
- 10Hz-17000Hz (+-20dB into IEC711 coupler)
- Acrylic body

Sep 22, 2015 at 12:10 AM Post #219 of 343
Ei.3 tour unit is currently with me in Calgary, Canada. Have to say, I'm thoroughly impressed. Bass is powerful but not boomy, with nicely balanced mids and highs. Find the sound realistic and thoroughly engaging. Will be comparing with some of the other CA IEMs tomorrow before shipping them on. Definitely considering getting a pair of these. At $300, they're a steal.

Sep 22, 2015 at 12:14 AM Post #220 of 343
Ei.3 tour unit is currently with me in Calgary, Canada. Have to say, I'm thoroughly impressed. Bass is powerful but not boomy, with nicely balanced mids and highs. Find the sound realistic and thoroughly engaging. Will be comparing with some of the other CA IEMs tomorrow before shipping them on. Definitely considering getting a pair of these. At $300, they're a steal.

Sound more like a dynamic than BA to you hakushondaimao?

Sep 22, 2015 at 12:19 AM Post #221 of 343
Sep 22, 2015 at 2:17 AM Post #223 of 343
I just published the EI.3 review on my site. you know where to go if you're interested 
wink.gif

Sep 24, 2015 at 1:42 PM Post #224 of 343
Been interested in trading my Shure Se535's for my first set of customs for some time. After reading many positive reviews on the Ei. 3 I am thinking about ordering them but I want to ask everyone who already received their pair how smooth the transaction was and about the customer service at Custom Art. Are they a good company to deal with or am I going to be throwing my money into a black hole?

Sep 24, 2015 at 1:54 PM Post #225 of 343
Been interested in trading my Shure Se535's for my first set of customs for some time. After reading many positive reviews on the Ei. 3 I am thinking about ordering them but I want to ask everyone who already received their pair how smooth the transaction was and about the customer service at Custom Art. Are they a good company to deal with or am I going to be throwing my money into a black hole?

U have no worries when it comes to service and communcation with piotr.

Proceed with confidence!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back