Custom cable possible?
Feb 15, 2015 at 8:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

canthearyou

Headphoneus Supremus
I looked at a few online cable building websites but cannot find what I'm looking for. Here is a crude drawing of what I'm trying to build.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks!

Feb 15, 2015 at 8:35 PM Post #2 of 19
I would just use one of these:
http://www.amazon.com/StarTech-MUYHSFMM-Headset-Splitter-Adapter/dp/B0058DOWH6/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1424050459&sr=8-10&keywords=headset+adapter

And one of these:
http://www.parts-express.com/35mm-stereo-to-35mm-stereo-coupler-metal--090-318

and one of these:
http://www.parts-express.com/wired-home-35ss01-35mm-stereo-male-to-male-slim-shell-audio-cable-1-ft--181-455

Feb 15, 2015 at 10:41 PM Post #3 of 19
I pretty much have that right now. But the extra cable length and fewer connectors is what I'm after.

Feb 15, 2015 at 11:21 PM Post #7 of 19
Oh, you meant four pole, not four pin.

Okay, tell me specifically what you are trying to accomplish with this custom cable.

Yes, four pole. My bad!
I'm just looking to streamline my current gaming setup. I will use this to connect an Astro MixAmp to another amp.

It's working now but it could look better. Plus my mic cable needs to be longer. So I figured might as well build it into the "y" cable.

Feb 16, 2015 at 10:11 AM Post #10 of 19
I'm just looking to streamline my current gaming setup. I will use this to connect an Astro MixAmp to another amp.

It's working now but it could look better. Plus my mic cable needs to be longer. So I figured might as well build it into the "y" cable.

I was looking for an even more specific description than that.

Also, would the microphone just be used in a gaming headset context? If so, there are headphone cables with mic attachments. (I'm not sure if this custom cable would be a headphone cable or not.)

Feb 16, 2015 at 11:10 AM Post #11 of 19
I'm not sure how to explain it any better. I give up. Thanks for the help though.

Feb 16, 2015 at 11:27 AM Post #13 of 19
I basically just need to know which cables are going into what. Depending on this, there could be workarounds.

This plugs into mixamp.

It terminates into a stereo out and mic input.

I then attach a modmic to the mic side. Next is a male to male extension from the audio out of the "Y" into the op–amp.

As it is right now my mic cable coming from the modmic is not long enough to reach my seat. Instead of adding a 2 foot cable extension I thought it could be built into the "Y". Also want to get rid of that mess of cable between the amps.

What I have now works fine. But when I sit down to play a game I need to bring the amps closer to me because the mic cable isn't long enough. I'd rather not have the amps sitting on the floor in the middle of the room.

Feb 16, 2015 at 11:58 AM Post #14 of 19
This plugs into mixamp.

It terminates into a stereo out and mic input.

I then attach a modmic to the mic side. Next is a male to male extension from the audio out of the "Y" into the op–amp.

As it is right now my mic cable coming from the modmic is not long enough to reach my seat. Instead of adding a 2 foot cable extension I thought it could be built into the "Y". Also want to get rid of that mess of cable between the amps.

What I have now works fine. But when I sit down to play a game I need to bring the amps closer to me because the mic cable isn't long enough. I'd rather not have the amps sitting on the floor in the middle of the room.

Why not just get a heapdhone cable with its own mic?
wink.gif

Feb 16, 2015 at 12:06 PM Post #15 of 19
Why not just get a heapdhone cable with its own mic? :wink:

Well, I already spent $50 on the ModMic. Plus K7XX uses a 3pin XLR plug.

I was just trying to make everything look good. I guess I'll just get a few extension cables and be done with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back