CustomArt FIBAE Impressions Thread
Oct 10, 2017 at 3:25 PM Post #181 of 2,468
Very nice! Next time (!) I'm swallowing a brave pill and let Piotr and Kamil go ahead and do the design.

Oct 10, 2017 at 4:35 PM Post #183 of 2,468
Received "Fibae 2" today. Look at the design.. Man, this is just beautiful.
Huge thanks to Piotr and Kamil for this breathtaking piece of art.

Beautiful..I am envious

Oct 11, 2017 at 12:16 AM Post #186 of 2,468
Is there an extra cost for this house customisation ?:)
They charged me 50 Euro or 200 Polish Zloty, but this was a year ago.

Oct 12, 2017 at 11:43 AM Post #188 of 2,468
22471351_1682787621755983_144398516_n.jpg

amazing dual ba iem !

Oct 12, 2017 at 1:00 PM Post #189 of 2,468
@piotrus-g please post pictures when mine are done :D

Oct 12, 2017 at 2:48 PM Post #191 of 2,468
Had my demo with Gisele today. She was great, got to try out the fibae 1 and 2. Gave me a good amount of time to listen on my own.

I have to say though, whilst the fibae2 are indeed wxcellent, I was a little underwhelmed in one area - the bass :frowning2: I think it is because I am basically looking for a replacement for my IE80s, and the biggest thing I loved about them was that powerful bass, which was just not as impactful on the FIBAE2... I'm not sure if it would improve with a proper custom fit, but I've decided to think it over a bit more before buying. I'm considering just getting another pair of IE80s and buying custom sleeves, as I know I love their sound signature.

Has anyone here had any experience with the IE80s that could compare?

Oct 12, 2017 at 2:50 PM Post #192 of 2,468
Had my demo with Gisele today. She was great, got to try out the fibae 1 and 2. Gave me a good amount of time to listen on my own.

I have to say though, whilst the fibae2 are indeed wxcellent, I was a little underwhelmed in one area - the bass :frowning2: I think it is because I am basically looking for a replacement for my IE80s, and the biggest thing I loved about them was that powerful bass, which was just not as impactful on the FIBAE2... I'm not sure if it would improve with a proper custom fit, but I've decided to think it over a bit more before buying. I'm considering just getting another pair of IE80s and buying custom sleeves, as I know I love their sound signature.

Bass was improved greatly with my upgrade to different cables, EROS 2 in my case.

Oct 12, 2017 at 3:04 PM Post #193 of 2,468

Well IE80 is one of the most bass heavy IEMs there are. Also dynamic driver will typically outperform balanced armatures in body of the bass, there are only a handful of BA-based IEMs that can come close to dynamic driver performance. From our range that would be Ei.xx - massdrop exclusive model which has plenty of deep and powerful lows.

Oct 12, 2017 at 3:15 PM Post #194 of 2,468
Yeah I completely understand. I'm not knocking the FIBAE2, they are indeed brilliant, it's just my personal preference for that deeper, punchier bass really.

Would Gisele have something like your Ei.xx available to try?

Oct 12, 2017 at 4:36 PM Post #195 of 2,468
Yeah I completely understand. I'm not knocking the FIBAE2, they are indeed brilliant, it's just my personal preference for that deeper, punchier bass really.

Would Gisele have something like your Ei.xx available to try?
Nope Ei.xx are only avaliable on massdrop. We are currently awaiting to get our demo back, but if you'd like we can send you Ei.xx demo in a week or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back