CustomArt FIBAE Impressions Thread
Nov 5, 2017 at 7:11 AM Post #227 of 2,468
Nice review! I'm happy to say that my impressions are in line with what others are saying and the F2 is a wake-up call for the CIEM market in terms of price vs performance. My review will be coming soon, hopefully by next weekend.

Nov 5, 2017 at 8:42 AM Post #228 of 2,468
I'm glad to see another review of the F2, much-deserved exposure for the F2. I think that once the obligation is over for posting on THL first it'll be nice to have another review join mine on Headfi.

Nov 5, 2017 at 10:09 AM Post #229 of 2,468
Excellent review mate - fantastic read and although I have the Universal's, I agree wholeheartedly with your thoughts on these great iem's, which provide one of the best price - performance ratios out there! Thoroughly recommended......:ksc75smile:

:beerchug:

Nov 5, 2017 at 10:44 AM Post #230 of 2,468
Thank you for excellent and thorough review.
At €475, the FIBAE 2 blows its competition out of the water; effectively setting a new standard for mid-tier IEMs to strive for
That was and is our goal. FIBAE lineup is a culmination of our experience with Balanced Armatures and it brings something entirely new to the table.

Nov 5, 2017 at 11:26 AM Post #231 of 2,468
I'm glad to see another review of the F2, much-deserved exposure for the F2. I think that once the obligation is over for posting on THL first it'll be nice to have another review join mine on Headfi.

Definitely! I'll be posting the review on Head-Fi in a couple weeks. :)

Excellent review mate - fantastic read and although I have the Universal's, I agree wholeheartedly with your thoughts on these great iem's, which provide one of the best price - performance ratios out there! Thoroughly recommended......:ksc75smile:

:beerchug:

Thank you, man! Appreciate the well regards. :D

Thank you for excellent and thorough review.

That was and is our goal. FIBAE lineup is a culmination of our experience with Balanced Armatures and it brings something entirely new to the table.

The pleasure is all mine. :wink:

Nov 5, 2017 at 11:56 AM Post #234 of 2,468
Last edited:
Nov 5, 2017 at 11:58 AM Post #235 of 2,468
Fibae shines more and more, I liked the photos. Nice review.

Thanks! :)

Wow! The review is head over heels for Fibae 2 :laughing: How does Fibae 2 perform as compared to Shure se846? Pretty sure se846 is no longer TOTL out there anymore.....

Yeah, dude. Whenever I write (whether it be impressions or reviews), I try to be as honest and unbiased as I can and weigh an IEM's pros against its cons in equal measure. With the FIBAE 2 - and especially taking into consideration its price and driver count - it doesn't really do anything wrong. It has its weak spots here and there, but - I have to admit - it is one banger of a product. :D

I haven't heard the SE846 in a while, but from what I can remember, they actually share a fair bit in common. They both carry darker tonalities and are slightly v-shaped in presentation. I remember the SE846 having more sub-bass rumble, but it lacks authority, leading to midrange bleed. The SE846's vocal presentation is lean, lacking naturalness and resolution, and the FIBAE 2 has a smoother treble too. I can give it another demo if you'd like, but if my memory serves me well, the FIBAE 2 is the better bang for the buck.

Nov 5, 2017 at 12:52 PM Post #236 of 2,468
FIBAE 2 have more air and much more treble than SE846 on white filter, I agree about smoother, but resolution much better in FIBAE2. I also agree with bass and vocals on SE846.

Nov 5, 2017 at 1:01 PM Post #237 of 2,468
One of the first things you notice when you first listen to the F2 is how wide the stage is and it's stereo separation, really phenomenal. I hate to say especially for 2 drivers but the F2 does make it apparent it doesn't take a million drivers to have great sound.

Nov 5, 2017 at 1:01 PM Post #238 of 2,468
I’m really coming over to the F2’s rather than the EI.XX but also concerned they may not have enough bass for me. Then there’s the F3’s on the horizon. Not sur if I should wait for those or go ahead with the F2!

Nov 5, 2017 at 1:19 PM Post #239 of 2,468
I’m really coming over to the F2’s rather than the EI.XX but also concerned they may not have enough bass for me. Then there’s the F3’s on the horizon. Not sur if I should wait for those or go ahead with the F2!

Not to worry; the F2's bass response is nowhere near neutral. It has a strong presence in the overall presentation, but it has some of the best restraint and control I've ever heard. Unless you're a massive bass-head, I can personally guarantee that you'll never find the F2 lacking low-end. But, I can also guarantee that its bass will never dominate the rest of the signature, unless your tracks are inherently bass-heavy. The F3 looks like it's gonna be a more neutrally-tuned IEM; Piotr called it reference with a twist. Trust me, when it comes to the F2's bass, you have nothing to fear. If you're looking for a rich-and-warm yet energetic-and-exciting IEM, the F2 is where it's at. :wink:

Nov 5, 2017 at 1:22 PM Post #240 of 2,468
Not to worry; the F2's bass response is nowhere near neutral. It has a strong presence in the overall presentation, but it has some of the best restraint and control I've ever heard. Unless you're a massive bass-head, I can personally guarantee that you'll never find the F2 lacking low-end. But, I can also guarantee that its bass will never dominate the rest of the signature, unless your tracks are inherently bass-heavy. The F3 looks like it's gonna be a more neutrally-tuned IEM; Piotr called it reference with a twist. Trust me, when it comes to the F2's bass, you have nothing to fear. If you're looking for a rich-and-warm yet energetic-and-exciting IEM, the F2 is where it's at. :wink:
That is a bit of a worry as I mainly listen to DnB. In particular the liquid funk variety. This is the kind I mostly like.

Do you think they’d be ok?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back