CustomArt FIBAE Impressions Thread
Apr 7, 2018 at 12:42 PM Post #871 of 2,468
At various times..yes. If there is one in particular you would like some thoughts about let me know and it would be my pleasure to give them some time and report back.

Yes, well maybe no... :) I was wondering how much the F3 benefits from the ares II and the golden and what changes from the stock signature?

Apr 7, 2018 at 12:58 PM Post #872 of 2,468
The F2 is very engaging. You put it in your ears and enjoy..only that. They are two different IEMs and the only tie that binds is FIBAE. Both respond well to upgraded cables and because of FIBAE the signature is constant with different sources. Technically impressive is the F3 and the F2 is a musical listen. Both stages are impressive and wide. I love the sub bass of the F3. The F2 has a nice warmth.
This, absolutely. I took the F2 out with me today and am still surprised every time how they elicit such an emotional response from me. I simply enjoy music so much with the F2, more so than with many much more expensive IEMs.

Apr 7, 2018 at 12:59 PM Post #873 of 2,468
This, absolutely. I took the F2 out with me today and am still surprised every time how they elicit such an emotional response from me. I simply enjoy music so much with the F2, more so than with many much more expensive IEMs.
I will be very curious of your opinion after you have head time with the F3. I adored my F2 and then....

Apr 7, 2018 at 1:06 PM Post #874 of 2,468
I need to start some critical listening with the Harmony 8.2 I am curious to really delve into it especially after hearing two FIBAEs. On brief listen when I first received the 8.2 it was good and then I was shifting that this FIBAE technology was kind of giving it a run for it's money. Daniel, can probably speak to that I think he has the 8.2 as well.

Apr 7, 2018 at 1:17 PM Post #875 of 2,468
I need to start some critical listening with the Harmony 8.2 I am curious to really delve into it especially after hearing two FIBAEs. On brief listen when I first received the 8.2 it was good and then I was shifting that this FIBAE technology was kind of giving it a run for it's money. Daniel, can probably speak to that I think he has the 8.2 as well.

I've posted a fair share about the H8.2 on Nic's thread, but I can't lie - the FIBAE 2 and FIBAE 3 definitely have more of my love these days. :D Though, my H8.2's are with Piotr getting remoulded into silicone shells as we speak (plus some design changes as well :wink:), so I'll have more to say once they come back!

Apr 7, 2018 at 7:04 PM Post #876 of 2,468
Apr 8, 2018 at 4:46 AM Post #878 of 2,468
Finally managed to get my left ear sorted out yesterday, so will be getting a new set of impressions done next monday (only time I could get over to the new audiologist) for a re refitted fibae f2. Mind you the current joke is that as this is from a different audiologist we are counting this as the first time :p

It's been said before in this and other threads, but do go to an audiologist who knows the differences between hearing aids and ciems.

Really hope this is it now.

Kudos to Piotr and the co over at CA for being so understanding and supportive.

Apr 8, 2018 at 12:20 PM Post #879 of 2,468
Received my F3 the other day - thanks for delaying it an extra day to Fedex. :angry:

I left the design up to Custom Art and holy crap, what I got was more than I expected. They simply look stunning. Took some pictures today as it was a little sunny outside, but only had my iPhone, so don't mind the quality (the pictures don't quite do them justice). I'll take some new ones with my Nikon gear another day...

I think I'll call this design for "Lost in Space" or something. :)

After having used them for a few days now, I really do enjoy them. I've otherwise primarily been enjoying my SE5U for the last couple of months, so it was interesting to try something with a (very) different and brighter signature. But they actually supplement them quite well - much better than I expected. The SE5U still has a little better "stage" and seperation (and 3 times the price), but the F3 brings out things I've never noticed before in tracks I've heard hundreds of times, and the bass and highs so nicely tuned. They are very enjoyable and my favourite Custom Arts so far (having tried most of their line-up).
I'll be using them mostly for "traveling", so right now they are paired with the AAW Capri cable/dac, but I did most of the listening so far with the Mojo.

They do sound as good as they look.
I'm impressed. Thanks Custom Art.:thumbsup:
IMG_0817 (1).jpg IMG_0819 (1).jpg

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2018 at 1:38 PM Post #880 of 2,468
Received my F3 the other day - thanks for delaying it an extra day to Fedex. :angry:

I left the design up to Custom Art and holy crap, what I got was more than I expected. They simply look stunning. Took some pictures today as it was a little sunny outside, but only had my iPhone, so don't mind the quality (the pictures don't quite do them justice). I'll take some new ones with my Nikon gear another day...

After having used them for a few days now, I really do enjoy them. I've otherwise primarily been enoying my SE5U for the last couple of months, so it was interesting to try something with a (very) different and brighter signature. But they actually supplement them quite well - much better than I expected. The SE5U still has a little better "stage" and seperation (and 3 times the price), but the F3 brings out things I've never noticed before in tracks I've heard hundreds of times, and the bass and highs so nicely tuned. They are very enjoyable and my favourite Custom Arts so far (having tried most of their line-up).
I'll be using them mostly for "traveling", so right now they are paired with the AAW Capri cable/dac, but I did most of the listening so far with the Mojo.

Love the shell, amazing job!!!

Enjoy them, they are something special

Apr 8, 2018 at 1:39 PM Post #881 of 2,468

After having used them for a few days now, I really do enjoy them. I've otherwise primarily been enoying my SE5U for the last couple of months, so it was interesting to try something with a (very) different and brighter signature. But they actually supplement them quite well - much better than I expected. The SE5U still has a little better "stage" and seperation (and 3 times the price), but the F3 brings out things I've never noticed before in tracks I've heard hundreds of times, and the bass and highs so nicely tuned. They are very enjoyable and my favourite Custom Arts so far (having tried most of their line-up).

Looks like the space-time continuum... :wink:

Apr 8, 2018 at 6:52 PM Post #885 of 2,468

After having used them for a few days now, I really do enjoy them. I've otherwise primarily been enjoying my SE5U for the last couple of months, so it was interesting to try something with a (very) different and brighter signature. But they actually supplement them quite well - much better than I expected. The SE5U still has a little better "stage" and seperation (and 3 times the price), but the F3 brings out things I've never noticed before in tracks I've heard hundreds of times, and the bass and highs so nicely tuned. They are very enjoyable and my favourite Custom Arts so far (having tried most of their line-up).

Wow, that is the prettiest I've seen yet! Congrats :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back