CustomArt FIBAE Impressions Thread
Apr 20, 2018 at 1:15 PM Post #977 of 2,466
I like your reasoning.
People clearly don't get that design in audio is about choosing a certain signature that may (or not) please customers, and build around it with a certain budget in mind to allow for proper build, ergonomy and comfort.
I always cringe when I see the word "flagship".
This word has become popular thanks to the smartphone world, to justify huge price leaps every year with very little actual innovation and poor design (= simple additive design).
It is just there to justify insanely fast development/launch timelines (for the sake of selling moaaaaarrrrrrrr) that leave no place for significant innovation.

Taking your time is for me a good sign.
What's the point of a new flagship every year if it brings nothing actually different ?
Thankfully you haven't followed the craziness/greediness of certain companies... like releasing 6+ new $2500-3000 IEMs at once (I won't give names, but this is so ridiculous to think that this is nothing else than easy cash grabing from gullible/compulsive audiophiles).
Thanks man! I appreciate that.
For me it's a matter of inspiration (I need it to design) but also a matter of proper driver customization and maybe even selecting proper technology (see my interview linked on the previous page). To do this right, I just have to take my time. You wouldn't believe how much I learned between FIBAE1 and FIBAE3 release, which was only less than a year apart.
I said this once before here - I want to do this right instead of rushing things and I'm happy seeing support for my approach.

srsly tho, I meant like a replacement for the harmony 8.2. iirc, the harmony 8 and 8.2 weren't released that far apart, that's why I was wondering

hmm who could it be
8/8Pro run for 2 years before we released 8.2.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2018 at 3:07 PM Post #978 of 2,466
@piotrus-g , you were probably a kid then but this should have been awesome (and the CD should sound good on your F3)

huge band , great album (their live albums are new stuff and better than their studio works , imho)

btw , what's the spoken Polish intro in the beginning ?

Apr 20, 2018 at 3:39 PM Post #979 of 2,466
btw , what's the spoken Polish intro in the beginning ?

"- Dobry wieczór
- Polska Agnecja Artystyczna PAGART i Państwowe Przedsiębiorstwo Imprez Artystycznych IMPART zapraszają Państwa na koncert zespołu będącego współtwórcą gatunku muzyki określanej jako rock elektroniczny.
- Przed Państwem Chris Franke, Johannes Schmoelling i Edgar Froese, czyli Tangerine Dream"
"- Good evening
- Polish Artistic Agency PAGART and National Enterprise for Artistic Events IMPART(???) invite you to a concert of a band who is co-founder of a music genre known as electronic rock"
- I present to you Chris Franke, Johannes Schmoelling and Edgar Froese, as Tangerine Dream"

PS: 1983 was way before I was born :wink:

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2018 at 4:43 PM Post #980 of 2,466
"- Dobry wieczór
- Polska Agnecja Artystyczna PAGART i Państwowe Przedsiębiorstwo Imprez Artystycznych IMPART zapraszają Państwa na koncert zespołu będącego współtwórcą gatunku muzyki określanej jako rock elektroniczny.
- Przed Państwem Chris Franke, Johannes Schmoelling i Edgar Froese, czyli Tangerine Dream"
"- Good evening
- Polish Artistic Agency PAGART and National Enterprise for Artistic Events IMPART(???) invites you to a concert of a band who is co-founder of a music genre known as electronic rock"
- I present to you Chris Franke, Johannes Schmoelling and Edgar Froese, as Tangerine Dream"

Thanks, cheer me up why don't you :p

Apr 22, 2018 at 11:51 AM Post #981 of 2,466
Geesh...I have underwear older than 1983
downloadfile.gif

Apr 22, 2018 at 11:54 AM Post #982 of 2,466
This mornings walk was spent with an old friend, F2. What an enjoyable IEM! So fun and musical, but not musical in a basic sense, there is nothing missing across the spectrum.

Apr 22, 2018 at 1:17 PM Post #983 of 2,466
Apr 25, 2018 at 9:29 AM Post #986 of 2,466
Finally got a Fibae 3 Custom in my hands for doing some measurements:

Custom Art Fibae 3 Custom web.png

And here's how it compares to the universal shell demo unit:

Custom Art Fibae 3 Custom vs Universal web.png

As expected the ~8 kHz peaks moves to higher frequencies due to deeper insertion. Overall the demo unit will represent the custom sound quite well I think.

Apr 25, 2018 at 1:04 PM Post #988 of 2,466
Finally got a Fibae 3 Custom in my hands for doing some measurements:

And here's how it compares to the universal shell demo unit:

As expected the ~8 kHz peaks moves to higher frequencies due to deeper insertion. Overall the demo unit will represent the custom sound quite well I think.

I can vouch for the peak shift as I heard a similar phenomenon at CanJam SG. The Music Sanctuary demo unit initially had far more aberrations, but @piotrus-g worked excellently to get the two to sound as close as possible by ear (and by measurement as well, it seems :wink:).

Apr 25, 2018 at 2:09 PM Post #989 of 2,466
this has been a very long wait for mine :frowning2: I'm nine weeks in and apparently still got one more week to go before my fibae 3 is ready.
They were probably slowed down by all the recent CanJam events. Sorry to hear you've been waiting but I'm sure you'll be happy with what you get in the end!

Apr 25, 2018 at 2:28 PM Post #990 of 2,466
this has been a very long wait for mine :frowning2: I'm nine weeks in and apparently still got one more week to go before my fibae 3 is ready.
I sympathize! As said earlier in the thread, it's taken me at least 4 weeks to get my ears fit enough to have impressions done! At least you've got an end product to look forward to!

I've finally managed to get some impressions taken at the fourth (!) time of trying. Emailed Piotr the (not so great) images so hopefully they get the ok and I'll chuck those and my fibae 2's back in the post to them. Hope they fit as I've been eyeing up the massdrop fibae as well !

EDIT, Piotrus has approved them, (excuse the earwax!) so off they go in the post before the weekend!IMG_0751.JPG IMG_0752.JPG IMG_0753.JPG IMG_0754.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back