DAC that emphasizes bass (if this even makes sense)
Jan 25, 2011 at 11:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Mysteek

100+ Head-Fier
I know that the purpose of a high quality DAC is to try to reproduce sound as accurate to the source as possible, so I don't know how to word this--I wish to seek out a DAC that will turn neutral sounding speakers to something more ''fun''.

For example--while I love my Beyerdynamic DT880's, I find the Denon D2000's more fun because of the strong bass.  

Is there a DAC that's known for bass coloration?  Under $250 preferred.

Thanks for advice!

Jan 25, 2011 at 11:38 PM Post #2 of 5
The E7 has a nice bass boost option, even when paired with the E9. I am really not sure. There's probably dozens of other suggestions. I am jealous of your A2's! Great speakers!

Jan 26, 2011 at 4:44 PM Post #3 of 5
If you can get hold of a A-GD Dac3SE, that would be your ticket to great bass, plus its quite musical too.  Check out Pacific Valve, maybe they would have one still. 

Jan 26, 2011 at 7:21 PM Post #4 of 5

Quote:
If you can get hold of a A-GD Dac3SE, that would be your ticket to great bass, plus its quite musical too.  Check out Pacific Valve, maybe they would have one still. 

I can't seem to find that product on their page.  Is it a new DAC?  I've never heard of it before either.

Jan 27, 2011 at 2:29 AM Post #5 of 5
I just received my Audio-GD NFB-12 and wrote my initial impressions in that thread. I specifically wrote that I believe the NFB-12 would be a perfect match for the 880 from what I remember when I owned it. It doesn't have a lot of hours on it, but it has smooth highs, somewhat forward and energetic mids and deep, fairly tight bass. I actually find the bass too much for my M50, but it sounds nice with my HD580 which is lacking on the low end. The NFB-12 is $200 + shipping, but you probably won't get it for a month or so due to a Chinese holiday and a backlog of orders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back