Dacs are draining my phones battery
Mar 31, 2017 at 5:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

podcastjunky

New Head-Fier
Purchased an xduoo x5 a year back as well as an Ifi black label....i have an old s7 which is used for only music transport and a V20 for daily....never noticed it i quess because most my listening sessions on the go were brief but i connect my dacs to either phone it will prompt me to select usb host option ive tried all the options and it still reverted to charging my self sustained dac:disappointed::disappointed: very frustrating....i used the search option here and googled a bit ...i saw Y-cables for powering and hosting but this solution would be ridiculous for portable use....to sum this up surely there might be an otg cable that prevents this premade or custom...perhaps hosting requires charging and im foolish for not being aware of that but ive ended up just going headphone jack out to amp...which i have read here would be double amping ....any help would be great or point me were i may read further for a fix ....thanks

Mar 31, 2017 at 1:21 PM Post #2 of 7
After further delving into threads and the web perhaps a solid work around would just purchase a music transport or DAP with optical out....sigh....i noticed a welcome to headfi sorry about your wallet.....it really applies lol...

Apr 2, 2017 at 1:05 AM Post #5 of 7
What headphones are you running that need that much power?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back