Dan Clark Audio E3 Review: Interview, Measurements, Impressions
Jan 16, 2024 at 1:20 AM Post #841 of 1,958
Seems like a good number of FS threads given it has barely been a month since the launch of the cans.

On an unrelated note, doesn’t headphones.com have a 1yr return policy? If yes why sell now when you can hang on to them longer, perhaps even finding a more synergetic chain.

Jan 16, 2024 at 7:33 AM Post #842 of 1,958
Nice little touches on the E3 with the pad preserver thingie in the case and nice Y-split on the cable now.

Still think the case should have been designed to take the cable plugged in to the cans...IMO...tedious removal and insertion over time for the frequent portable use scenario.

Jan 16, 2024 at 8:07 AM Post #843 of 1,958
Nice little touches on the E3 with the pad preserver thingie in the case and nice Y-split on the cable now.

Still think the case should have been designed to take the cable plugged in to the cans...IMO...tedious removal and insertion over time for the frequent portable use scenario.
Pad preserver is great. I agree on the cables connectors but other brands are much much worse.

Jan 16, 2024 at 9:37 AM Post #844 of 1,958
I covered this topic briefly in the video we uploaded today.
Post in thread 'Dan Clark Audio E3 Review: Interview, Measurements, Impressions'
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/dan...measurements-impressions.970772/post-17918707
@mrspeakers, aka Dan and team, did an excellent job with the AMTS to better handle bass performance with the E3 when it comes to seal, and I did listen with glasses and was impressed with the performance compared to other headphones when the seal is broken. Check the video for more impressions; I hope that helps.
Sweet! Great review and thanks

Jan 16, 2024 at 9:53 AM Post #845 of 1,958
Pad preserver is great. I agree on the cables connectors but other brands are much much worse.
Just an expanded case bottom for the cable would have taken care of that issue with removing cables.
Was it Ether 2 case that you could keep the cable on ?

Jan 16, 2024 at 9:58 AM Post #846 of 1,958
Seems like a good number of FS threads given it has barely been a month since the launch of the cans.

On an unrelated note, doesn’t headphones.com have a 1yr return policy? If yes why sell now when you can hang on to them longer, perhaps even finding a more synergetic chain.

Throwing a PSA, beware as someone tried to scam sell me a DCA E3. Already reported to the mods and all sorted

Jan 16, 2024 at 10:46 AM Post #848 of 1,958
Comparing E3 to Aeon2 Noire. I think the outward isolation of the Noire is a tad better than E3. Maybe, because the pad surfaces are synthetic leather mostly?
Unfortunately the headband of the E3 is too stiff so I get some hotspots and the weight adds to it. On the other hand the headband of Noire is very flexible and comfortable. Just need to tighten the screws of Noire headband and it won't move away.

Is there some way to change the shape of the E3 headband permanently? I'd need more of an egg-shape.

Jan 16, 2024 at 11:05 AM Post #849 of 1,958
Just an expanded case bottom for the cable would have taken care of that issue with removing cables.
Was it Ether 2 case that you could keep the cable on ?
Aeon’s also fit the cable, but it was tight if you had more than a 1m portable cable. And some cups got scratched with the tight fit. Dan probably did not want to deal with those questions going forward. Doesn’t seem a big deal to carry your cable in a separate bag.

Jan 16, 2024 at 11:05 AM Post #850 of 1,958
Comparing E3 to Aeon2 Noire. I think the outward isolation of the Noire is a tad better than E3. Maybe, because the pad surfaces are synthetic leather mostly?
Unfortunately the headband of the E3 is too stiff so I get some hotspots and the weight adds to it. On the other hand the headband of Noire is very flexible and comfortable. Just need to tighten the screws of Noire headband and it won't move away.

Is there some way to change the shape of the E3 headband permanently? I'd need more of an egg-shape.
it will naturally form the shape. also I have hung it by the band and it is nicely shaped to my head now.

Jan 16, 2024 at 11:51 AM Post #852 of 1,958

I also had some discomfort initially, but bent the headband by hand into a more comfortable form, i.e. not flat at the top but more rounded.
Hanging it over some round stick would also work. Takes a bit of time bit will definitely get better.

Jan 16, 2024 at 12:27 PM Post #853 of 1,958

FWIW, I've found that pushing the head strap forward on my scalp a bit makes it sit noticeably more comfortably. This may be particular to my head shape, but perhaps worth a try. The resulting slight rotation of the cups about my ears doesn't seem to affect their comfort, or the sound, in any way.

Jan 16, 2024 at 12:54 PM Post #854 of 1,958
I’m seeing the E3 is $1699 now…is this a new price or a special sale?
https://danclarkaudio.com/e3.html
That's the Club DCA price (also available through our retailers for Club members). I assume you're a club member and either you were logged in or you had been and the page was cached....

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back