Dan Clark Audio E3 Review: Interview, Measurements, Impressions
Dec 2, 2023 at 2:03 PM Post #91 of 1,945
Would it make sense to apply screen protectors to cover the glass which could be prone to scratches? Or should that not be a concern?
The gorilla glass is very scratch resistant. You'd sooner scratch the housing than the glass.

Dec 2, 2023 at 2:11 PM Post #92 of 1,945
Sound aside, I gotta say the look of these headphones are fantastic.

At first look, I didn’t think they were amazing by any means. However, the longer I look at it the more I’m digging it. Obviously sound is most important, but Dan Clark has done a wonderful job designing these.
It was amazing at first look to me and then my OCD kicked in. Being glass it will be a fingerprint magnet and those were clearly shown on the video which would be the only con for me for now but it's also highly skinnable if one wants to personalize or keep the glass preserved/protected.

Dec 2, 2023 at 2:21 PM Post #93 of 1,945
OK
I will say it one more time: I expressed my happiness that the sq of the Stealth is now available to a larger audience.

“ As a very happy Stealth user I am very glad to see the technology and sq become more affordable, and therefore, available to a larger audience who will get to enjoy such a listening experience.”
“If the reviews are correct and the E3 equals the Stealth (or maybe even outdoes the Stealth) in sq, then I urge you to try the E3.”

I don’t understand why you are giving me a hard time on issues that we agree on.

I agree with you that we should get on with discussions of the value that the E3 provides and congratulations to all that decide to purchase this headphone.

Have a great day and happy listening
Hope that's a wrap!

Dec 2, 2023 at 2:35 PM Post #94 of 1,945
It was amazing at first look to me and then my OCD kicked in. Being glass it will be a fingerprint magnet and those were clearly shown on the video which would be the only con for me for now but it's also highly skinnable if one wants to personalize or keep the glass preserved/protected.
Two words: white gloves!

:relaxed:

Dec 2, 2023 at 3:09 PM Post #96 of 1,945
Any idea of the Euro price?

Dec 2, 2023 at 3:57 PM Post #97 of 1,945
Spit and a paper towel. all done. Just don't bring up the spit from too deep. I hate it when that happens.

Dec 2, 2023 at 4:08 PM Post #98 of 1,945
Just ordered mine. I have had the Noire before but weren’t for me because it seemed that the mids were a little recessed. I have Focal Stellia, Radiance, and Meze Liric to compare this to in the coming week. I will post my impressions and see if it is indeed a keeper.

Dec 2, 2023 at 7:49 PM Post #99 of 1,945
Just ordered mine. I have had the Noire before but weren’t for me because it seemed that the mids were a little recessed. I have Focal Stellia, Radiance, and Meze Liric to compare this to in the coming week. I will post my impressions and see if it is indeed a keeper.
This will be very interesting 👌

Dec 2, 2023 at 9:32 PM Post #100 of 1,945
I think many are forgetting how most high end things work in life. It's all diminishing returns. THIS IS JUST MY "GENERALISM" thoughts

-The more you pay, the better you get. In our area this is sonic performance and styling/design.

However, if you pay half as much you'll still get to 75-90% of the way to the expensive item.

This applys to E3 and stealth as much as it does to any other headphones. Or amp/dac, Or cars, or wine, or whiskey etc etc etc...

Dec 2, 2023 at 9:48 PM Post #101 of 1,945
I believe a matte clear vinyl exists so it'll still look the same but matte instead of shiny and thus no fingerprints

Dec 3, 2023 at 2:50 AM Post #104 of 1,945
It will be very useful to know if the E3 can be used on the go, if yes, which DAPs would have enough power to drive it properly.
Fiio M17 comes to my mind… which I held off diente its size and weight. Reconsidering now as more of a portable than mobile solution though.

Dec 3, 2023 at 3:24 AM Post #105 of 1,945
I’m very interedsted in comparisons with the Noire, when I owned them there were so many things I love about them, but there was one thing I didn’t like at all: despite measurements, they felt like laking bass in a massive way, super strange🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back