Dan Clark Audio E3 Review: Interview, Measurements, Impressions
Jan 25, 2024 at 1:37 PM Post #991 of 1,933
And sorry for my editing but I have to work with the translater 🙈
(So I hope you will please forgive me 🤪)

NOMAX

PS.lol
Forgive you???? NEVER!

Bwahahahaha!!!

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Jan 26, 2024 at 3:30 AM Post #993 of 1,933
What is the shape f your head? That might help Dan with ideas. I’m picturing larger bit as a longer thinner oval?
lol i would say my head is smaller then average and round hard to tell tho cus my hair is alot longer right now. But you can see in the photo where the wire and headband come in contact

Attachments

• head band issue #1.JPG
    head band issue #1.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 0
Jan 26, 2024 at 3:35 AM Post #994 of 1,933
We can easily help with clamp just email info at danclarkaudio, Sue will send you a simple kit that takes <5 min, that will likely help with your other issue as well. You can also fiddle with whether the strap is own the crown of the head or rotate it to move the strap forward and the headphone tip along the back of the jaw.
Thank you so much i will definately do that.

Jan 26, 2024 at 4:49 AM Post #995 of 1,933
And sorry for my editing but I have to work with the translater 🙈
(So I hope you will please forgive me 🤪)

NOMAX

PS.lol

You use translator?
Sometimes I use g...le, sometimes I use deepl, but often I write direct. Long time ago I read some AES papers - they are only in English - and Internet was not born in this time.
Next I had an AudioXpress magazine subscription and I discuss in some audio DIY forums too. An English dictionary and dict.cc was my friends.
During this time, I sometimes thought in English instead of German - that's how you learn foreign languages. :relaxed:

Jan 26, 2024 at 5:27 AM Post #996 of 1,933
Feel free to ignore me if I'm too off-topic, but I am seeking a portable-ish dac/amp for travel use with this headphone, I'm not exactly sure how much power I should be looking for, does anyone have any recommendations? I was thinking of the iFi Audio xDSD Gryphon. I was looking at the Chord Mojo as it's small and compact, but I would imagine that most likely isn't powerful enough.

I don't own a good solid state amp for a headphone with this sensitivity, I'd love it if there were a DAC/Amp combo that could both be portable and stationary on my desk (I won't be using the dac/amp with a phone, just my portable laptop for on the go production) Thank you!

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2024 at 6:33 AM Post #997 of 1,933
Feel free to ignore me if I'm too off-topic, but I am seeking a portable-ish dac/amp for travel use with this headphone, I'm not exactly sure how much power I should be looking for, does anyone have any recommendations? I was thinking of the iFi Audio xDSD Gryphon. I was looking at the Chord Mojo as it's small and compact, but I would imagine that most likely isn't powerful enough.

I don't own a good solid state amp for a headphone with this sensitivity, I'd love it if there were a DAC/Amp combo that could both be portable and stationary on my desk (I won't be using the dac/amp with a phone, just my portable laptop for on the go production) Thank you!
Several people seem to be quite happy with the Mojo 2 driving the E3, including Dan himself. Worth a try I guess, if you don’t listen at very high SPL

Jan 26, 2024 at 7:09 AM Post #999 of 1,933

I think this might be a good option at a great price. I have the older version, the Black Label, and I love it. Drives pretty much everything.

https://www.adorama.com/ifimidsdf.html

Jan 26, 2024 at 1:27 PM Post #1,000 of 1,933
It will be great if Dan could recommend as well some DAP’s
Some reliable recommendations are the Mojo 2/poly, ibasso M17 and DX220 with the Amp 8, and the IFI IDSD Black.

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Jan 26, 2024 at 1:58 PM Post #1,001 of 1,933
DCA HPs really stand out from the crowd in my view, for studio use. There are very few brands that seem to rely on objective sound qualities, neutrality, and scientific researches. Very few "honest" sound signature out there. And it makes sense : the listener wants sugar, salt and pepper on top of his audio. But for people making the stuff, it's actually nice to hear the "middle ground" without bells and whistles.

What I'd like to see in the future are DCA Headphones with easily removable interchangeable AMTS that allow to change the tuning and try different curves. Harman 2018, Harman 2013, and Harman variations based on listeners group 1 to 3 (different amounts of bass).

I wonder if Dan is working on implementing AMTS into the pads themselves. Multi material AMTS-fitted pads... How would that sound ? Awesome, probably.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2024 at 2:41 PM Post #1,002 of 1,933
I don't think 1400€ is going to happen after ~1month of availability, but whatever...

I don't use mine much currently due to lack of time and the Composer eating up a good part of my listening time, but enjoy the E3 every single time. My small initial problems with the headband are fully resolved by now, comfort is fine now.

Jan 26, 2024 at 2:44 PM Post #1,003 of 1,933
I don't think 1400€ is going to happen after ~1month of availability, but whatever...

I don't use mine much currently due to lack of time and the Composer eating up a good part of my listening time, but enjoy the E3 every single time. My small initial problems with the headband are fully resolved by now, comfort is fine now.
Did you get a chance to compare E3 with Composer?

Jan 26, 2024 at 2:53 PM Post #1,004 of 1,933
Super curious to know how the Composer compares to the E3 :). These have been two serious contender for my use-case.

Good evening !

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2024 at 5:33 PM Post #1,005 of 1,933
I'm also super curious to know how the Composer compares to the E3 :). These have been two serious contender for my use-case.

Good evening !
Louis, a human being with feelings.
I understand your situation. Good luck, and welcome to the thread and head-fi.

Leo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back