Dan Clark Audio Stealth Review, Interview, Measurements
Sep 1, 2021 at 7:41 PM Post #841 of 6,012
I don’t know, not a fan of this….the more you absorb and reflects or redirect the sound waves, the more “unoriginal” that it is. Anyways, Meta Acousic Signature would be Meta-Unique. I think the Flash has this to fight off other Meta-Human
Well the reflections inside a headphone are not exactly "original" in the first place. The tonality of some headphones are not really good at conserving the original intended sound either (though this also depends on what was used as reference in the creation of the music track).

What the meta materials can do is to remove the undesirable reflections which are in the way of accurate sound reproduction.

Sep 1, 2021 at 7:49 PM Post #842 of 6,012
Well the reflections inside a headphone are not exactly "original" in the first place. The tonality of some headphones are not really good at conserving the original intended sound either (though this also depends on what was used as reference in the creation of the music track).

What the meta materials can do is to remove the undesirable reflections which are in the way of accurate sound reproduction.
Exactly that, but by adding more reflections and absorption ? Hmm... ok

Sep 1, 2021 at 7:59 PM Post #843 of 6,012
Now Available For Demo In Our Headphone Bar, The New "STEALTH" Closed Back Flagship Headphone. If you are in the Southern California area, come down & check it out when you get a chance. Feel free to bring your own cans for comparison purposes. Our hours are:
Tuesday - Friday from 11am - 5pm
Saturday from 12pm - 6pm
Closed Sunday & Monday
The Source AV Design Group
Torrance, CA 90505

Headphone Exp. - Dan Clark Audio (Stealth) 2 (1000x1000).jpg

Last edited:
The Source AV TSAVJason Stay updated on The Source AV at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com./pages/The-Source-AV-Design-Group/153623164648713 http://www.twitter.com/TheSourceAV http://www.instagram.com/Thesourceavdesign http://thesourceav.com/ Products@TheSourceAV.com
Sep 1, 2021 at 8:03 PM Post #844 of 6,012
isnt there a place other than this for dealer ads?

Sep 1, 2021 at 8:24 PM Post #846 of 6,012
I don’t know, not a fan of this….the more you absorb and reflects or redirect the sound waves, the more “unoriginal” that it is. Anyways, Meta Acousic Signature would be Meta-Unique. I think the Flash has this to fight off other Meta-Human
The way I see it, this meta material is to replace the felt and cloth filters used to fine tune the sound signature. My guess is that they got a very capable driver that might not have a desirable sound signature and then they used the meta material to correct the issues.

Obviously there are multiple ways of tuning a headphone, and you might prefer simpler ones, but this one is an interesting approach to solve the problem.

Sep 1, 2021 at 9:22 PM Post #847 of 6,012
Isn’t that what all physical spaces do, be they headphones or rooms or concert venues?
Agree. Distance between our ear canal and driver is far from anechoic chamber.

Sep 1, 2021 at 9:42 PM Post #848 of 6,012
hmm... wonder if you could make a ear plug out of the special material and it would work as a standing wave filter for the distance between our ear canal and the driver.. like a miniature anechoic chamber..

Sep 2, 2021 at 10:25 AM Post #849 of 6,012
He's only physically in the shop on specific days (shares it with his wife who runs a clothing boutique), but drop him an email - he'll almost certainly get back to you the same day. Really decent guy.
I reached Andreas today and placed my preorder. So, I will be back hopefully in two weeks. :)

Sep 2, 2021 at 10:44 AM Post #850 of 6,012
I reached Andreas today and placed my preorder. So, I will be back hopefully in two weeks. :)
Great to hear. Just off to see him myself, in fact. Look forward to your impressions!

Sep 2, 2021 at 5:24 PM Post #854 of 6,012
isnt there a place other than this for dealer ads?
It depends, I think it is useful to tell people where to audition, especially in this niche hobby that lacks brick and mortar stores. It is probably more within the topic of this thread than EQ or music styles that are better than others.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back