DAP recommendations ~$100?
May 20, 2023 at 1:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

xenwithin

New Head-Fier
I've been downloading more music, and would like a dedicated portable music player to put it on. My Android phone is a pain to move lots of files back and forth, fails if I try and transfer more than one album at a time, and is out of space anyways. I need the DAP to accept sizeable SD cards, probably will end up buying one of the 512GB TeamGroup or Samsung ones. I have been looking at the Paulthings Mixxtape and possibly the Shanling M0 pro. Does anyone have any recommendations, or experiences with these two devices that may swing me one way or another?

I don't have that much need for power, but more is always better for the future. Would be listening with stuff like the Olina SE, Qian39s, and Rikubuds for the time being.

May 20, 2023 at 1:54 AM Post #2 of 2
I've been downloading more music, and would like a dedicated portable music player to put it on. My Android phone is a pain to move lots of files back and forth, fails if I try and transfer more than one album at a time, and is out of space anyways. I need the DAP to accept sizeable SD cards, probably will end up buying one of the 512GB TeamGroup or Samsung ones. I have been looking at the Paulthings Mixxtape and possibly the Shanling M0 pro. Does anyone have any recommendations, or experiences with these two devices that may swing me one way or another?

I don't have that much need for power, but more is always better for the future. Would be listening with stuff like the Olina SE, Qian39s, and Rikubuds for the time being.

Shanling M0 Pro would be a good beginner budget DAP. Very no frills. Buying the 4.4mm adapter will let play well with high impedance/low sensitivity gear, but I think even without the adapter it should be good for your needs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back