Darkvoice 336i & 336SE Tuberolling PartII
Mar 28, 2018 at 9:04 PM Post #1,486 of 14,518
I do not believe that it could be anything but:

back socket - Input from source
front socket - Output to headphones

I still have a DV and found it to be a wonderful. It was the first really good headphone amp that I owned. I did really love the shaded RCA 6f8G (with adapter) It had such a smooth sound and ran significantly cooler than the 6080. Best listening, JS

i really was wondering which slot contains the power tube and which is the power tube?

Mar 29, 2018 at 8:34 AM Post #1,488 of 14,518
i really was wondering which slot contains the power tube and which is the power tube?
bluzeboy:

The 6AS7 is the Power Tube. You can also use 7236, 5998 and the 421A.

Apr 4, 2018 at 4:50 PM Post #1,493 of 14,518

Thank you Sir ,I bought from him in the past (few tubes for BH Crack) and was satisfied ,I didn't payed the amount his asking for and offer the amount I would pay for a pair of NOS TS 7236 or NOS Sylvania 7236 ,visually tubes look very good ,especially pins
I'm pretty sure he will take returns if I wasn't satisfied

Apr 4, 2018 at 7:05 PM Post #1,494 of 14,518
Thank you Sir ,I bought from him in the past (few tubes for BH Crack) and was satisfied ,I didn't payed the amount his asking for and offer the amount I would pay for a pair of NOS TS 7236 or NOS Sylvania 7236 ,visually tubes look very good ,especially pins
I'm pretty sure he will take returns if I wasn't satisfied
I'm not going to push this. You should do your own research.

Apr 8, 2018 at 6:43 AM Post #1,497 of 14,518
Driver tube - I havn't seen anyone mention the Russian mil. spec. - 1578. I have 2 pre-amp driver tubes that are end game for me. The musical/emotional Tung Sol 6F8G RP, older version of the TS 6SN7 RP (some say, just a touch better). Then there is the 1578 - where the TS has wonderful warmth and musical detail, the 1578 is very transparent, detailed with great depth and a top end that goes on and on without a trace of harshness. In no way is it analytical.just very detailed and open. I use the TS 6F8G as driver and 2 1578 as o/put tubes in a hybrid head and power amp. This combo for me is end game, the two compliment each other so beautifully. I have used 3 x TS 6F8G for an overpowering emotional experience. Sadly neither of these tubes have been cheap for a long time.

Mostly the 1578 are sold out of Eastern Europe or the Russian Federation and sold in pairs or quads. Be VERY CAREFUL - if you can't see the multi-holed plates, they are a con. As pairs they normally sell @ $150. @$75 a tube they are up there with the best. At the moment I'm using one of these with a bog standard GE 6AS7GA. This o/put tube allows the character of the driver tube to shine on through. Many say the o/put tube dominates, this was so for me when I used a Svetlana which was too soft and creamy but the GE let's me hear the TS and the Russian.

I don't think that $75 is too much if you pair the Russian with something that may add a touch of warmth, certainly this is a sparkling open tube. If the Beyers could emulate the top end of the 1578, they would be no contest h/phones.

Apr 12, 2018 at 11:00 PM Post #1,500 of 14,518
I was using my old trusty 650s and I was appalled at just how bad they sounded - the bass was bloated rubbish, there was no detail - this was not how it was supposed to be, it was a truly awful sound. So many have raved about the D/V&650.

I have the 6xx and was not impressed with them until I plugged them into the DV336SE. I agree that the stock tubes are not terrible. I updated my tubes with an RCA NOS-6AS7G and a Tung-Sol 6SN7GTB and the difference over stock tubes was noticeable. I attribute most of the change to the RCA 6AS7G. It really widened the sound stage, clarity and low end punch of the DV336SE. For me the DV336SE -> 6xx combo is an ideal match and all I have been listening to for the past 4 weeks. I have been considering picking up a set of DT880 or DT990 to use with the DV336SE, but need to ease up on the headphone/tubes/amp spend for while.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back