DC Area Head-Fi Meet and End-of-Summer SchiitStorm! - August 12, 2017 - Gaithersburg, Maryland! - IMPRESSIONS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 15, 2017 at 11:38 AM Post #16 of 32
I must say, that 6-pack HP carrying case is the coolest thing I've seen in a while. What a great idea!

Aug 15, 2017 at 10:24 PM Post #18 of 32
Yes, carbon fiber, beryllium, neodymium, oxygen free copper, calf leather, wispy metal strands of golden hair from Goddesses on Mt Olympia, and an unbelievable directnesss and immediacy of sound. What's not to like? Utopia's were definitely all the rage at this meet.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2017 at 11:35 PM Post #19 of 32
Man I just missed it, never been to a meet before and I will be in the area for one more month, hopefully there's another one soon. I have the Z1r with a Grace Design M9xx I can bring.

Aug 17, 2017 at 12:11 AM Post #20 of 32
A little loud but nice location! I got to try all of the Schiit tube amps again but missed out on trying the IFI gear. None of the Schiits were really my thing with all of them being rather bassy and the Valhalla 2 displaying noticeable grain.

Aug 17, 2017 at 2:35 PM Post #21 of 32
I wrote a thank you to iFi Audio for letting us have the iCAN and the iDSDs to demo and they said that they will likely send some more of their product line to demo the next time we host a meet. Stay tuned!

Sep 7, 2017 at 2:36 PM Post #24 of 32
We've discussed having our next meet at the Shirlington Library in Arlington, Virginia, but no date has been set.

The Capital Audiofest (www.capitalaudiofest.com) running November 3-5 in Rockville, MD does look to have a number of interesting audio vendors to check out, might tide us over until 2018. Not a free event though - $20 daily, $30 full weekend ticketing.

Sep 7, 2017 at 2:41 PM Post #25 of 32
We've discussed having our next meet at the Shirlington Library in Arlington, Virginia, but no date has been set.

The Capital Audiofest (www.capitalaudiofest.com) running November 3-5 in Rockville, MD does look to have a number of interesting audio vendors to check out, might tide us over until 2018. Not a free event though - $20 daily, $30 full weekend ticketing.

The topic of discounted tickets has come up before, especially for students. Personally, I think $30 for a couple of days of listening to great systems and chatting with like-minded folks is a pretty good deal. I know Gary Gill and Paul Elliot are working hard to make CAF more accessible and inviting.

Sep 9, 2017 at 1:14 AM Post #28 of 32
I have never heard of the Capital Audiofest before. Could anyone give me a rough idea of what type of gear, and environment I could expect if I attended?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back