DC Area Head-Fi Meet Planning (ongoing)
Jun 28, 2022 at 2:22 PM Post #316 of 412
I think that the main obstacle is finding a suitable (inexpensive) venue. August might be a good time frame, but anything is welcome.
Local libraries could host 13+ people and it’s free. Looking at the Dolley Madison public library, which is very nicely located for MD, DC, and VA people, it has an availability on July 23 throughout the day. I couldn’t see anything in August though - but maybe they don’t let you book so far in advance 🤔

Anyone up for Saturday, July 23? Maybe 12-4? Not sure how long people would need.

Jun 28, 2022 at 3:01 PM Post #317 of 412
Local libraries could host 13+ people and it’s free. Looking at the Dolley Madison public library, which is very nicely located for MD, DC, and VA people, it has an availability on July 23 throughout the day. I couldn’t see anything in August though - but maybe they don’t let you book so far in advance 🤔

Anyone up for Saturday, July 23? Maybe 12-4? Not sure how long people would need.
Go for it... if you see any other responses on this thread, you can go ahead and create a new thread just for that meet. I'll be at the Schiit event in Austin that weekend (so I'll leave my slot open :))

Jul 27, 2022 at 12:11 PM Post #321 of 412
Oct 5, 2022 at 11:58 AM Post #325 of 412
Meanwhile don't miss the the Capitol Audio Fest (CAF) in November. I expect that some of us will be there.
I'll be there! I know HeadAmp and Stax will be in attendance.

On the 2 channel front, give Philharmonic Audio a visit when you're there. Great speaker company that doesn't charge out the nose and HQ'd in Tysons. I have a pair of their BMR Towers and they're awesome.

Oct 5, 2022 at 3:07 PM Post #326 of 412
Meanwhile don't miss the the Capitol Audio Fest (CAF) in November. I expect that some of us will be there.
Oh cool! Yea I'm going so I can test out the GS-X mk2 amp!

Oct 6, 2022 at 6:44 PM Post #327 of 412
HeadAmp on what they're bringing to Capital Audiofest:

"We’ll have all of our amps except the Pico portables and Aristaeus; for headphones a wide variety of flagships like audeze lcd-5, dan clark expanse, stax sr-x9000. And the new Mytek Empire streamer running Roon."

Of course subject to change but it appears like some nice goodies to try out.

Nov 3, 2022 at 9:18 PM Post #328 of 412
Capital Audiofest is two weekends away.

Nov 21, 2022 at 8:36 AM Post #330 of 412
HeadAmp on what they're bringing to Capital Audiofest:

"We’ll have all of our amps except the Pico portables and Aristaeus; for headphones a wide variety of flagships like audeze lcd-5, dan clark expanse, stax sr-x9000. And the new Mytek Empire streamer running Roon."

Of course subject to change but it appears like some nice goodies to try out.
It was a lot of fun listening to the LCD-5, Expanse, Utopia 2022, and Susvaras for the first time. I've even put together a list of what gear I'm gonna buy next from attending!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back