DC Area Meet - April 7th, 2018 hosted by Gramophone
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 3, 2018 at 7:35 PM Post #106 of 135
I should be able to bring a couple of 2'x4' tables.

Looks like I won't be bringing the Linnenberg DAC after all. It's looking promising for one new LTA amp to be present, I hope.

I'll definitely bring:
An MZ2, Border Patrol DAC, iBasso DX200 with amp modules, iBasso IT01 IEMs, HiFiMAN HE-500. If anyone has interest in Mitchell & Johnson headphones now that they're selling on Massdrop, I can bring those, but if no one mentions it I'll leave them. Either the ZMF Eikon or Atticus, I can't remember which isn't loaned out.

Made a weirdly laid out balanced switchbox because sometimes you forget that connectors have dimension. Round stickers are good for round holes.

20180403_152711.jpg 20180403_152651.jpg

Apr 3, 2018 at 7:46 PM Post #107 of 135
Awesome! I love the derpy box!

I want to thank everyone for being so generous and accommodating with the tables. I'm going to do a last check in with Gramo to see if they maybe got their stuff back. Depending on how that goes, I'll go over who has offered and send pings accordingly!

Definitely looking forward to this!

Apr 5, 2018 at 10:52 AM Post #110 of 135
Sorry for the last-minute notice, but I realized my Euphony streamer does not have WiFi capabilities and requires a direct Ethernet connection. Would it be possible for me to hook it up with the Gramophone store's modem at the meet?

Apr 5, 2018 at 3:27 PM Post #111 of 135
Sorry guys, I will likely not be able to make it this weekend. But, it looks like someone else is bringing a Hugo 2 and there will be Utopias available as well. Looking forward to seeing some pictures of the event though!

Apr 5, 2018 at 8:28 PM Post #112 of 135
All-
I've been monitoring the weather closely. The outlook gets better by hour so we will be continuing as normal. Totally understandable if this holds people back. We'll see you all at the next meet!
Re: Tables, Gramophone was able to get some tables so I'll reach out to a couple people for extras just so we have all the room, but it looks like we can focus on the easier to transport 2x4s a couple peopled offer. Thank you again for stepping up!

And as always, I will toss out the 2 day warning of BRING POWER CORDS!! ALLLLLLL of them!!

Sorry for the last-minute notice, but I realized my Euphony streamer does not have WiFi capabilities and requires a direct Ethernet connection. Would it be possible for me to hook it up with the Gramophone store's modem at the meet?
Sry for missing the PM. The space we are in has workstation setups so I imagine there are ethernet connections available that you may be able to use. I can't guarantee 100%, but if you bring it and a cord we can always try!

Apr 6, 2018 at 5:06 PM Post #113 of 135
Hi all,

Occasional lurker and new member here. I will be dropping by the meet. I don't have anything interesting to share. I'm hoping to try a budget amp (portable or desktop) with some of my budget low ohm headphones to see if an amp is a worthwhile purchase for me. Looking forward to seeing some cool gear.

Ken

Apr 6, 2018 at 5:09 PM Post #114 of 135
Hi all,

Occasional lurker and new member here. I will be dropping by the meet. I don't have anything interesting to share. I'm hoping to try a budget amp (portable or desktop) with some of my budget low ohm headphones to see if an amp is a worthwhile purchase for me. Looking forward to seeing some cool gear.

Ken
Welcome... Do introduce yourself...

Apr 6, 2018 at 5:29 PM Post #115 of 135
Welcome Ken!

I have a question, i’m Looking to demo an Empire Ears Legend X does anyone have one?

And if anyone has any Rhapsodio IEMs i’m Trying to hear all of those I can. I hope to be there around 1-2, I hope people will still be around.

Best,
Ben

Apr 6, 2018 at 6:11 PM Post #116 of 135
Mark and crew will be at the shop Saturday working on things I had hoped would be finished by now, but they are not. Even though I won't be working for LTA after next week or so, I'm sure I'll always be welcome to stop by their shop and grab anything new to take to a meet, so after Axpona (two weeks from today) when the electrostatic etc. amp is done we can arrange for a proper listening, and it's likely that they'll end up with a production version of the Voce.

I mixed up the Atticus with the Auteur; I'll bring the latter.

Apr 7, 2018 at 7:38 AM Post #117 of 135
Inbound :o2smile:
KSA-5 Klone, LCD2.2, WA3 w/CCS

Apr 7, 2018 at 9:19 AM Post #120 of 135
I should arrive with a card table, power strips, extension cord, and audio stuff around noon. Will that be too late?
We'll still be here. I think we'll be good without the table, but you are welcome to still bring it :p Thanks for the help.

Also, a word of caution for iphone users w/ the USB adapters. Someone I know updated to the new 11.3 iOS and the adapter no longer lets him connect his dacs. Just a heads up, but ymmv.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back