DC area mini-meet - Sunday, June 5, 1-5 p.m.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 1, 2016 at 12:21 PM Post #17 of 58
Jun 1, 2016 at 4:26 PM Post #18 of 58
Finally, I can bring this to the meet:

Do you think 9 kW (burst) into 1 ohm would be enough to power the HE-6? 
biggrin.gif

Jun 1, 2016 at 4:54 PM Post #19 of 58
  Finally, I can bring this to the meet:

Do you think 9 kW (burst) into 1 ohm would be enough to power the HE-6? 
biggrin.gif

What's in a Naim 
eek.gif

I read a little further and noticed they stopped used WATT to measure - it outputs 1 HP into an 8 ohm load. So perhaps it can drive itself into the library 
tongue.gif

Jun 2, 2016 at 11:54 PM Post #21 of 58
Hi, I am new to this area, can I join the meeting this weekend?  In fact, I never join any hifi meeting before, so I am very excited about this small meeting and wondering what is the meeting routine and what I need to bring. And I have to apologize in advance, it is kind sad that these days I clear out all my source including my sql 2730, mytek 192, benchmark dac2 and my hd650, plus I just break my ie8 and lost my musiland 08mp dap which I really want to compare it with hugo. Right now I can only bring headphones including hd800, dt990, and my poor akg 3003i with broken microphone. 

Jun 3, 2016 at 7:28 AM Post #22 of 58
  Hi, I am new to this area, can I join the meeting this weekend?  In fact, I never join any hifi meeting before, so I am very excited about this small meeting and wondering what is the meeting routine and what I need to bring. And I have to apologize in advance, it is kind sad that these days I clear out all my source including my sql 2730, mytek 192, benchmark dac2 and my hd650, plus I just break my ie8 and lost my musiland 08mp dap which I really want to compare it with hugo. Right now I can only bring headphones including hd800, dt990, and my poor akg 3003i with broken microphone. 

I've driven to Sandusky a few times - nice little amusement park there 
biggrin.gif

But it's a haul! 
eek.gif
 The meet, upcoming this weekend - well, it's a small meet. Just a few members who are bringing just a few items. I would certainly welcome you to come down, but I would think you might want to skip this one. It would be much more worth the drive to come down to DC for the mid-Summer meet:

http://www.capitalaudiofest.com/

The meet in mid-Summer is July 8-10 and is certain to show a lot more equipment, and include a lot more members. I would also recommend the upcoming meet in NYC, next weekend. In fact a few of our members will be at the NYC meet, June 11. The link to thread information is here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/788652/official-new-york-spring-meet-saturday-june-11-2016

Hope you see you soon!

Jun 3, 2016 at 11:00 AM Post #23 of 58
As @sheldaze stated, this will be a small meet with limited gear. However, if you still want to come down and meet the gang, you're most welcome. You don't need to bring any gear with you. Although, it will be helpful for you to bring headphones or sources you are familiar with as a baseline for what you're hearing.

Basic rules we follow are as follows:

Meet Rules

1. Please treat fellow head-fiers and their gear with the utmost care and respect.
  2. Please don't unplug headphones without asking permission from the owners first.
  3. Please don't turn anything on or off without asking permission first.
  4. Please don't move anyone's gear from their established area without asking permission.
  5. Absolutely no food and drink will be allowed near any equipment including your own.
  6. Please have courtesy and ensure that your hands are CLEAN before handling others' equipment.
  7. Be mindful of the time you are spending listening to others’ gear especially if there are others waiting in line.
  8. Be mindful of personal hygiene. DO NOT use hair gel or other product that may damage or stain a headband or earpads.

Welcome to the area.

Jun 3, 2016 at 12:44 PM Post #24 of 58
Is anyone bringing LCD-X or LCD-XC? I am quite tempted to take advantage of the new headphone discount direct from Audeze, and would love to hear these again.

I know that it makes more sense for me to sell HD800, but I'm not sure I want to go through the concerns a used headphone buyer would naturally have (see exhibit A). And getting LCD-X or LCD-XC brand spanking new would give me the longest MTTF and longest warranty to cover such failure if it were to occur. But I've never actively compared these to my existing headphones, such as I would do in detailed, prior to a purchase, kind of way. So...

Crisis averted, I'm back to Earth-616. Also when I say existing headphones, it means I'll be bringing HD800S to compare against above Audeze fold. I've been reading and thinking I should start to conclude things using my exact headphones. And my cables are due in next week, so I can click these into my HD800S and never remove them again. My question - do the three (Grado, HiFiMan, Sennheiser) headphones sustain, or is there a spot left in the audio spectrum for an Audeze LCD-? That's question #2. My question #1 remains - is there a slight treble harshness that needs to be addressed by a tube roll of the MicroZOTL2.

Craziness, I know - to come to these things with a plan in mind. But there it is! One more box packed, now I'm ready!

Jun 3, 2016 at 5:12 PM Post #25 of 58
  Is anyone bringing LCD-X or LCD-XC? I am quite tempted to take advantage of the new headphone discount direct from Audeze, and would love to hear these again.

I know that it makes more sense for me to sell HD800, but I'm not sure I want to go through the concerns a used headphone buyer would naturally have (see exhibit A). And getting LCD-X or LCD-XC brand spanking new would give me the longest MTTF and longest warranty to cover such failure if it were to occur. But I've never actively compared these to my existing headphones, such as I would do in detailed, prior to a purchase, kind of way. So...

Crisis averted, I'm back to Earth-616. Also when I say existing headphones, it means I'll be bringing HD800S to compare against above Audeze fold. I've been reading and thinking I should start to conclude things using my exact headphones. And my cables are due in next week, so I can click these into my HD800S and never remove them again. My question - do the three (Grado, HiFiMan, Sennheiser) headphones sustain, or is there a spot left in the audio spectrum for an Audeze LCD-? That's question #2. My question #1 remains - is there a slight treble harshness that needs to be addressed by a tube roll of the MicroZOTL2.

Craziness, I know - to come to these things with a plan in mind. But there it is! One more box packed, now I'm ready!

I can't tell if you're still looking for someone to bring an LCD-X. If so, I'll have mine at the meet.

Jun 3, 2016 at 5:24 PM Post #26 of 58

I can't tell if you're still looking for someone to bring an LCD-X. If so, I'll have mine at the meet.

Yes!

I've heard them - no doubt! But I usually used them to audition or compare something else, like a DAC or AMP comparison. Would love to spend a little time simply listening to the headphones 
biggrin.gif

Would be quite interested to hear Barry's 2016 edition too, but he seems not to be around...

Jun 3, 2016 at 5:31 PM Post #27 of 58
  Yes!

I've heard them - no doubt! But I usually used them to audition or compare something else, like a DAC or AMP comparison. Would love to spend a little time simply listening to the headphones 
biggrin.gif

Would be quite interested to hear Barry's 2016 edition too, but he seems not to be around...

I didn't realize Barry has the new ones. There's some chatter on the LCD-X thread with people trying to figure out what, if any, changes were made to the sound signature. Audeze says the changes are minimal, but we'll see about that.
popcorn.gif

Jun 3, 2016 at 5:51 PM Post #28 of 58
Hey, I'm in the DC area, can I show up? I'm new to good audio, all I have is a pair of Superlux HD668Bs. In the market for some new headphones, and am interested in checking out others, as well as DAC/Amp setups. Also it'd be great to meet people.

Jun 3, 2016 at 6:02 PM Post #29 of 58
  Hey, I'm in the DC area, can I show up? I'm new to good audio, all I have is a pair of Superlux HD668Bs. In the market for some new headphones, and am interested in checking out others, as well as DAC/Amp setups. Also it'd be great to meet people.

Hey there! And welcome!

Definitely come on by. Bring your headphones or just bring yourself. My only suggestion is if you bring your headphones, also bring your 1/4" phono plug adapter. Most setups should work with the unbalanced large connector. Very few will work with the 1/8" phono plug.

Hope to see you there!

Jun 3, 2016 at 10:15 PM Post #30 of 58
@aerandir1066 - welcome!

@wtnwin111 - are you originally from Ohio? I grew up in the suburbs of Dayton.

Keeping my fingers crossed about the weather on Sunday. I'm also going to bring a cable for those of the Audeze persuasion to try - a Cardas Clear headphone cable with 1/4 inch termination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back