Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 6, 2023 at 1:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 59

VanHai

500+ Head-Fier
10360 North St
Fairfax VA 22030
Time: 12:00 to 5:00 PM

I have reserved a big room at Fairfax City Library for a local meet on Sat 9/30/23 and it is free for all. If you want to attend and bring some headphones, amps or IEMs please post them here.

Hope to see a lot of attendees , i will bring couples amps and a few ZMF headphones.

Woo Audio WA22.
DNA Sonett 2.
Gustard R26
ZMFs Aeolus, Auteur, Eikon, VC (all modded) and AC (OG)
Sennheiser HD 8xx (modded)
Grado RS 2 vintage button.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2023 at 3:47 PM Post #2 of 59
Thanks for setting up the meet!
My list can always change, but what I'd like to bring today:

FV and MJ3
Gungnir Multibit
Urd

For me, it's mostly about the Urd - curious what y'all hear. Bring discs, but it too can be fed input from USB - or feed another DAC. I'll probably bring a few additional cables to assist.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2023 at 1:41 PM Post #3 of 59
Hello all! I recently moved to DC and I should be available for this meet!

Gear I've brought to past meets include the Stax SR-L700mk2, the Hifiman Shangri-La Jr, and a modded Stax SRM-006tS to drive those electrostatics. I also have a Dan Clark Aeon 2 Closed with perforated earpads (making it sound like the Noire) and a modded Sony MDR-Z7M2. I can also bring along the Ferrum Erco DAC/amp; I like the Erco with the electrostatics, but I'm curious how others perceive it.

Other things in my collection are the FiiO K9 Pro AKM, the Hifiman Sundara (older 2020 revision), and the Hifiman R7DX (closed-back dynamic driver Drop collab headphone). I can bring some if people are interested.

Aug 12, 2023 at 4:25 PM Post #6 of 59
I'd love to give the VC another listen! I hope you bring it!

Aug 13, 2023 at 1:30 PM Post #7 of 59
Hope to see a lot of attendees , i will bring couples amps and a few ZMF headphones.

Woo Audio WA22.
DNA Sonett 2.
Gustard R26
ZMFs Aeolus, Auteur, Eikon, VC (all modded) and AC (OG)
Sennheiser HD 8xx (modded)
Grado RS 2 vintage button.
Is the AC an Auteur Classic or Atrium Closed?

Either way, excited to try the gear!

Aug 13, 2023 at 1:50 PM Post #9 of 59
It's Atrium Closed Olive LTD, if you have VC please bring it to compare with my modded one.

Terrific, yes, I'll bring my VCs. Can't wait to hear the Atrium Closed (which I've been really interested in for my next ZMF can)!

Aug 22, 2023 at 1:07 AM Post #10 of 59
Do we know how music is going to be played at the meet? The only meets I've been to were at an audio store that had Roon, so we could use Roon to stream music. But in a library, they won't have that, so will we just need to bring our music on our laptops/phones/DAPs?

Sep 4, 2023 at 10:22 PM Post #12 of 59
Darn. I have an out of town wedding on 9/30 that I’m committed to. Otherwise I would have loved to join and get to meet you guys. I’m just down a bit south of northern Virginia. I will try to check the forums for potential meet ups more frequently so I can get to the next one.

Cheers,
Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back