Dear Head-Fi Help me Kill my Wallet
Nov 2, 2012 at 12:49 AM Post #16 of 23
Which one between 600s and the hfi2400 would you reccomend for my requirement, I hear the Ultrasone is less comfortable than the 600s? Should I consider the 650 if I can find them for 450?

Nov 2, 2012 at 12:58 AM Post #18 of 23
Would Natural means the most accurate reproduction ?  Like when the source material is not the highest quality possible it can actually sounds bad? I would prefer fun over that if that is true, since I don't exactly trust half of my source material, they are after all pretty low in quality

Nov 2, 2012 at 1:02 AM Post #19 of 23
No, natural is more "true to life" or "balanced" sounding, things sound proportionally/tonally correct even if they aren't spot-on accurate - neutral would be more towards accurate.

The HFI-2400 is where I'd point though, based on lower quality input, and "fun" being your choice. I'd say comfort between the two is about even honestly.

Nov 2, 2012 at 1:29 AM Post #20 of 23
Quote:
Should I consider the 650 if I can find them for 450?

This Summer, Amazon listed them, once and for a short time, for ~US$340. If the 650's were interesting to me, but I really wanted a better price, I think I'd wait. (I paid the full $500. I was too impatient for a new toy.)

You might try the CamelCamelCamel site. They have a good pricing history.

Nov 2, 2012 at 2:22 AM Post #21 of 23
Would I need an adapter with the Hfi-2400? or do they come with one since I heard they came with the large plug 6.8 I think those were called instead of the 3.5mm, should I get the ultrasone? or is there a better alternative cable?

Nov 3, 2012 at 11:42 AM Post #22 of 23
Would I need an adapter with the Hfi-2400? or do they come with one since I heard they came with the large plug 6.8 I think those were called instead of the 3.5mm, should I get the ultrasone? or is there a better alternative cable?

I honestly forget what cables the HFI-2400 comes with, but I wanna say it should have one of each (it has detachable cables), 6.3mm (1/4") and 3.5mm (1/8"). I know all of the PRO cans that have detachable cables get that. Let's check the Ultrasone website...

And from Ultrasone - it does include one of each. The 6.3mm terminated cable is longer. I think you can buy the PRO coiled cable from Ultrasone as well (if you want a coiled cable...), and adapters are around a dollar on Amazon.

Nov 3, 2012 at 11:53 AM Post #23 of 23
Now to hope that the two local store I know carries them , I really don't want to put an internation order , because I want to try it out as quickly as I can

Ordered mine
Amazon were having these for a total steal (184 USD), if anyone is interested

Users who are viewing this thread

Back