Decent sounding IEM out of box?
Feb 18, 2024 at 1:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

drhubb

New Head-Fier
New to this website and have a question regarding iem reviews. Are any iems reviewed right out of the box? All of the reviews I have read in my price range <$300) use amps/DACs along with equalization. I carry around my iPod classic for music & on shuffle - classical to metal so was looking for iem that sounds decent without enhancements.

Feb 20, 2024 at 12:18 PM Post #4 of 6
I tried the SeeAudio Yume a few years back, I think it's quite a decent pick in the price range. I don't really use equalization and I quite like the sound signature, though at that time I had issues with pressure due to my small ear canals. Would still recommend them though!

Feb 20, 2024 at 6:48 PM Post #5 of 6
New to this website and have a question regarding iem reviews. Are any iems reviewed right out of the box? All of the reviews I have read in my price range <$300) use amps/DACs along with equalization. I carry around my iPod classic for music & on shuffle - classical to metal so was looking for iem that sounds decent without enhancements.
Just depends on what you're looking for. The Final A5000 is epic in your price range. THe Truthear HEXA is also excellent if you want something cheaper. Tons of options ranked here: https://bytes-bull.com/2023/02/01/headphone-rankings/ - just start at #28 and work your way down until you find something you like at a price you like.

Feb 20, 2024 at 11:06 PM Post #6 of 6
I mean for under 300 you probably don't really need a DAC or amp. My first pair of IEMs were $100 Shures. they isolated the sound so well you couldn't hear anything but the music. This was using old MP3 players 15 years ago. I used them for at least 8 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back