%defunct thread%
Jun 10, 2017 at 3:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Meetite

100+ Head-Fier
Hello all,

I am currently in the market for a new pair of cans for around $200 (I unfortunately can't go much higher than that) and would like some help deciding at pair to buy. I've been researching for a while and have been having trouble deciding with all the options in this price bracket. I am okay with buying second-hand as long as they are in good condition, though new is preferred.

I'm mainly intending on using these for gaming, meaning long term comfort is very important, though I will also be using them a lot for music. (A list of videos is at the end of this post with the kind of music I'm intending to use these with). I like my audio on the warm side, I find reference really boring and like my audio to be 'exciting'.(currently my daily drivers are a pair of RHA MA750s with isolation Comply tips, which are great but imo have a little more bass than I'd like for what I intend to use these cans for and the treble can be kind of sibilant sometimes).

I am looking at both open and closed-back headphones, as either would work pretty well for me (though I don't want too much sound leakage as I'm in a household with two other people and a very irritable dog :unamused:). It'd also be nice if the cable was removable/replaceable, though it isn't a necessity assuming it comes with a decent warranty.

I'd prefer if an amp we're mostly unnecessary, so as long as they don't basically require an amp it's fine (I don't currently have the funds necessary to invest in an amp and/or DAC, though I do plan on investing in one within the next few years). The computer I will be using these with can probably drive up to around 250 ohms, though it still wouldn't be optimal.

A lot of my music has a hard beat and brass instruments. "Feel it Still" by 'Portugal. The Man', the instrumental version of "Until Heaven Stops the Rain" by 'Wax Tailor', and "Devotion" by 'Coleman Hell' are perfect examples. (See Below)

Input would really be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2017 at 1:33 PM Post #2 of 2
Bump

Users who are viewing this thread

Back