Dekoni Audio: HiFiman Pads
Sep 15, 2018 at 3:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34
Dekoni is pleased to announce custom-made upgrade pads for HiFiman! These were designed for the round-earcup designed models like the popular HE-400i and new Susvara, and represent a noticeable upgrade in comfort and sound as well as our full range of Elite pad materials to suit your tastes.

8B16CED4-4695-49B2-825C-1234F9BDBE68.jpeg

Types of Pads

443E6ABA-4213-4270-9A69-8808355436F2.jpeg
Cool and comfortable, Dekoni’s Elite Velour is of a tighter weave than typical Velour pads, allowing for slightly better isolation and transfer of sound waves. Very soft feeling and considered by many to be the most comfortable pad surface material!

The Sheepskin pads offer a long-life, easy to clean, sealed pad option. Choosing Sheepskin over the more common protein leathers provides a more breathable surface and less sweat production, while still acting to focus the sound directly to your ears with minimal absorption. They are also easy to keep clean and looking like new for a long time!

B0D45E4E-BD7C-480A-9E43-14FF3571288B.jpeg
Fenestrated Sheepskin is like an “aerated” sheepskin pad. Precisely measured and cut holes in the sheepskin give this pad a more true tone by providing a neutral sound absorption characteristic on the inside of the pad. So, just the good stuff makes it to your ears, and you hear a more natural sound out of your headphone. The perforations also allow the pad to “breathe” and more heat to escape.

A01FCB87-4D8F-4ADF-8FC9-772DBB968D54.jpeg

Our top of the line pads are the Elite Hybrids, a combination of all the best aspects of our other pads. The inner-lining of the pads feature the balanced Fenestrated Sheepskin, while soft, sweat-free Elite Velour makes contact with your skin, and the outter-face of the pads is wrapped in the sleek, premium Sheepskin.

7F8332D7-8A7E-45C8-A1D3-6794C4BC6A16.jpeg
Dekoni tunes all our pads specifically for each headphone model; feature slow-rebound, high density memory foam; and have a squared-off shape to better couple and seal with your head. They are less hard and more squishy than most pads, to better mold to the contours of your bone structure, eliminating hot spots (even with glasses). The Dekoni HiFiman pads also provide superior imaging capabilities by angling the earcup to match the angle of the human ear.

Prices range from $59.99 to $79.99, depending on what kind of surface material is selected. The Dekoni HiFiman product pages are available here: https://dekoniaudio.com/filter/?product_cat=hifiman+he400i&product_cat=hifiman+he400i

Last edited:
Dekoni Audio Stay updated on Dekoni Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Dekoni Audio @dekoniaudio http://www.dekoniaudio.com sales@dekoniaudio.com
Sep 17, 2018 at 8:32 PM Post #3 of 34
@DekoniAudio Do they work for the HE400S? Could you please provide a comparison between them and the HE400S with stock pads? What about the Focuspads-A?

Sep 18, 2018 at 4:05 PM Post #4 of 34
Having used both TH900 elite hybrid pads on my HE-400 rev. 2 as well as Beyerdynamic DT elite velours on the HE-400 as well, I can say that I absolute think these pads will be worthwhile for your Hifiman headphones.

Both give a different take on sound. The elite hybrids sounds darker and more visceral, while the elite velours sound sharp, focused, airy and more dimensional. I had the elite hybrids placed on the HE400 for a long time, but have switched to the elite velours mainly for their extra comfort.

Dekoni pads are incredibly high quality.

As always, pad swaps vary SIGNIFICANTLY by whichever headphone you use, so don't judge Dekoni pads as a whole just by how they sound on one model of headphones.

These two worked for me best on the HE400, and not as much on the Beyers I tested. YMMV

Sep 19, 2018 at 12:34 PM Post #5 of 34
Will these cushion earpads have a noticeable improvement over the stock earpads on the Hifiman HE560v2?

@DekoniAudio Do they work for the HE400S? Could you please provide a comparison between them and the HE400S with stock pads? What about the Focuspads-A?

Both of the HiFiman models mentioned can wear these Dekoni HiFiman pads, and of course we spent time testing our pads and making changes till we feel they are a noticeable improvement over stock in comfort and sound! Eventually, we’ll publish measurements from our new rig so you can have an objective view of the sound, but comfort-wise we chose the softest, least itchy or hot surface fabrics and the best balanced foam density and quality we’ve tested so far.

@Mad Lust Envy Thank you for your impressions!

Sep 19, 2018 at 8:25 PM Post #8 of 34
Last edited:
Sep 20, 2018 at 9:07 AM Post #9 of 34
So these fit Susvara but not Sundara?

@DekoniAudio :

FYI -- the site seems to have an issue with its SSL Certificate. I've tried two browsers (Chrome, Edge) and they throw up a warning the site is not secure. One has to go through a few gyrations to bypass the error and continue.

Capture.JPG

Sep 20, 2018 at 12:38 PM Post #11 of 34
I've been using Fostex TH-X00 sheepskeen and fenestrated sheepskin pads on my HE-5LE, and they're actually a great match. The fenestrated sheepskin seemed to roll off the extreme highs and lows resulting in a very pleasant "liquid" sound, while the regular sheepskin did the precise opposite. Fun to switch between!

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2018 at 6:54 PM Post #13 of 34
Thanks a ton for the impressions @thefitz and everyone else for your interest!

@Ripper2860 I thought it could be just on our end as we try to update and add to our pages, but this is good to know and we’ll fix it. Thank you!

No problem. Looks like your team was on top of it as it is now resolved.

Sep 20, 2018 at 7:36 PM Post #14 of 34
Ordered the Massdrop Elite Velour for my HE4xx; could be a few weeks till they ship but I'm looking forward to it. the stock pads (Focus A?) are unbearably itchy to me
Also some heartfelt praise for @DekoniAudio - I had some questions about the properties of the various models they offer. I messaged them through Facebook to ask and had a truly enjoyable conversation with whomever responded. Really nice experience that helped seal the deal in steering me to these instead of some other brands i'd read about. bonus points for being a local business.

Sep 21, 2018 at 10:46 AM Post #15 of 34
It was nice talking to you too @shwaz!

Also, somebody saw our HD 700 prototype pads we had at CanJam London, and recently asked when they were coming... after a few more improvements to durability, the answer is they could be ready to order as early as next week! More announcements to come!

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back