Dell studio 1555 with ath m50x
Jul 14, 2017 at 3:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

link22534

New Head-Fier
how good is the sound card on the 1555 would i need an upgrade also is there a affordable audio amp that works well with m50x it would be nice if it was portable too thanks

Jul 14, 2017 at 5:33 PM Post #3 of 6
The M50X doesn't really need an amp. It should sound fine out of anything. If you do want a portable amp, perhaps check out the FiiO A5. I use it with my FiiO X3 II and it's a great product.

Jul 14, 2017 at 11:59 PM Post #6 of 6
The m50x doesn't need any additional power from an external amplifier. Perhaps a quality DAC could work well with your setup.

The DAC would still need a headphone amp circuit (either built into it or separate) to drive the headphone.

i found that it has It has 6 channels for 5.1 surround sound would i need an upgrade

Depends. if you just want to drive the headphone loud then no. If you want to make sure it doesn't introduce any distortion or noise, then maybe, but this has more to do with making sure the DAC-HPamp you'll use having a low output impedance than anything else. If you want to get surround simulation on the headphones and that Dell doesn't have the Dolby software to do that then you can get a soundcard instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back