Denon AH-7200
Nov 28, 2017 at 4:47 PM Post #1,501 of 3,155
Nov 29, 2017 at 11:31 AM Post #1,503 of 3,155
Same as the MM400 headband mechanisms. It scratches easilly and even from small mechanical impacts it gets bumps - can be seen by sunlight. And my favourite part, the splitline around the connector - see included pic from the internet with my markings. I don't know what kind of tooling issues they could have, but these are ugly as hell. And this is 100% plastic, without chrome coating. I was blown away by the wooden cups and the logo, until I saw the connector. I was able to forgive that, because you don't see that part often.

I haven't even mentioned, that the left cup (wired one) made sometimes annoying crackling noises while moving around. Not the membrane, not my ears, but the cup structure itself.
I am using mine every day...
15119721894942063488480.jpg

I see and feel only metal anf some wood.
I have no noise or any issues you state.
Headband metal.
I took close up pic to show what you seem to be complaining about a hairline in the design of the socket metal.
Lets say, even if it was plated, no one would ever know as it is so solid.
My everyday abuse shows nothing but metal in any wear marks.
In comparison to 99%of today's portables which are all plastic.
Only other portable with low plastic exterior is the B&W P series.

But the r10 was famous for its bacteria derived biocellulose, and its important to see that is different from paper fiber, plant fiber etc. As well the fillers are different. Also the cost of the bacteria derived biocellulose is much more expensive, so it can command more money to the plant based(paper fiber) process. Anyway, who cares right?
We care.
The carbon in the Denon is more neutral, but also slightly less natural than the Fostex.
Fostex driver material seems the closest to the Sony,
And is Truly excellent.

Fostex only have to update the other factors like motor and voicecoil metals like Denon has addressed.
I believe they did this with the Klipsh driver.

We may never see a Sony r10 material but Fostex is closest to it.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2017 at 7:22 PM Post #1,504 of 3,155
I have the D7000 but very rarely listen to them as I don't want to disturb my partner in our small place. Can anyone please tell me whether these still leak sound as much as the D7000? Thanks

Nov 30, 2017 at 8:44 PM Post #1,505 of 3,155
I have the D7000 but very rarely listen to them as I don't want to disturb my partner in our small place. Can anyone please tell me whether these still leak sound as much as the D7000? Thanks
Same

Dec 1, 2017 at 12:43 PM Post #1,506 of 3,155

No, they don't leak. I use it on a regular basis at work. Nobody complains.

Can anyone recommend me a good portable amp for this around 300$. I plan to use it with X7II, already have the AM5 module

Dec 1, 2017 at 2:56 PM Post #1,507 of 3,155

They have decent isolation when sharing a room with others but when sharing a bed with your partner (and she is trying to sleep) then they are not so good (in the opinion of my wife).

I really don't miss my 7200 - when I had to return them due to a faulty plug and overall I was disappointed by them (including comfort factors and 6.35mm plug).

Dec 2, 2017 at 10:59 AM Post #1,508 of 3,155
Can anyone recommend me a good portable amp for this around 300$. I plan to use it with X7II, already have the AM5 module
You don't really need an amp if you trick the phone on AUX out mode...

Dec 5, 2017 at 4:40 PM Post #1,509 of 3,155
I just bought D7200 (waiting on delivery). Do you know where and which balanced cabled I should buy for it? Any recommendations are very welcomed.

What AMP goes well with them? I have my eyes set on Gustard H10. Any views on this combo?

Did anybody tried those with Liquid Carbon v1/v2 and if so what do you think guys. Also is LC considered to be better then H10?

I still own and use daily D1001 with my PC - for last 11-12 years and used to own D7100 which I sold while back :) (I liked them very much, but they were getting very little use so I let them go).

Thanks!

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2017 at 5:42 PM Post #1,510 of 3,155
I just bought D7200 (waiting on delivery). Do you know where and which balanced cabled I should buy for it? Any recommendations are very welcomed.

What AMP goes well with them? I have my eyes set on Gustard H10. Any views on this combo?

Did anybody tried those with Liquid Carbon v1/v2 and if so what do you think guys. Also is LC considered to be better then H10?

I still own and use daily D1001 with my PC - for last 11-12 years and used to own D7100 which I sold while back :) (I liked them very much, but they were getting very little use so I let them go).

Thanks!

Something with the lowest possible output impedance. These headphones are very sensitive to output impedance.
No, they don't leak. I use it on a regular basis at work. Nobody complains.

Topping NX4 DSD just came out. I'd check it out as the specs are really awesome and Topping makes very stable products.

Dec 6, 2017 at 11:49 AM Post #1,511 of 3,155
Something with the lowest possible output impedance. These headphones are very sensitive to output impedance.
Take everything Jimster says with a pinch of salt. He has a personal vendetta against the 7200s :wink:

The D7200s have got a remarkably flat impedance curve, so they're quite immune to amplifier output impedance. They do benefit from good quality amplification though.

Dec 6, 2017 at 12:48 PM Post #1,512 of 3,155
Maybe lets try something else than - What amps would you guys recommend with D7200?

Dec 6, 2017 at 1:12 PM Post #1,513 of 3,155
Take everything Jimster says with a pinch of salt. He has a personal vendetta against the 7200s :wink:

The D7200s have got a remarkably flat impedance curve, so they're quite immune to amplifier output impedance. They do benefit from good quality amplification though.
Where is it remarkably flat?
Every graph i saw shows it not being flat, considering I have an amp with a 30ohm impedance and a 10ohm impedance.... and the headphone sounds noticably different between the two and then sounds clear with the 0.5ohm (o2amp) its pretty clear that it definitely is affected.

Because I don't like these headphones due to them being objectively bad, doesn't mean that its not the truth.

My pair sold last night so I am so proud to say I no longer own this utter disaster of a headphone.

I'm going to unsubscribe from this thread now, have a nice life guys.

Dec 6, 2017 at 4:08 PM Post #1,514 of 3,155
Maybe lets try something else than - What amps would you guys recommend with D7200?
I use them with Mjolnir 2 both with tubes and LISST - they sound awesome on both, though solid state fits them better IMO. I've also tried them directly from IFI iDac 2 - it has a half-decent amp built in - they sound good, though not as good as MJ2. Hell, I've even tried plugging them directly to my iPhone - they still sound good :)

Dec 6, 2017 at 4:49 PM Post #1,515 of 3,155
I use them with Mjolnir 2 both with tubes and LISST - they sound awesome on both, though solid state fits them better IMO. I've also tried them directly from IFI iDac 2 - it has a half-decent amp built in - they sound good, though not as good as MJ2. Hell, I've even tried plugging them directly to my iPhone - they still sound good :)

Thanks. Much appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back