Denon AH-7200
Feb 6, 2024 at 6:12 AM Post #3,076 of 3,166
The seller himself doesn't know anything? Hotline gave me this answer: "The Tripowin GranVia (4.4 mm plug, dual 3.5 mm plug) is suitable for Focal Elegia.The Denon AH D7200 is a dual 2.5mm."
I checked and Denon AH D 7200 and Fokal Elegia both have the same cable! Both dual 3.5 mm ,Then these cables must also work with Denon 7200, right?
,Tripowin GranVia (4.4mm plug, dual 3.5mm)

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2024 at 8:00 AM Post #3,077 of 3,166
Yeah that sounds about right, one is a headphone retailer that does not sell the d9200 (no conflict of interest there) and the other one is another wannabe crinacle reviewer.

I'm not sure if its common knowledge but alot of reviewers get free items in exchange for positive reviews, the chifi reviewers are notorious for this.

Lesson to be learned is that just because these people have heard more than you, doesn't mean their hearing is superior.

They have an agenda and they're only motivated by money and/or fame and I would not trust a single word they say. Listen to a review of something you have heard and if its not exactly the same as what you're hearing, its because they're full of BS.

If I've learned anything over the years, is that I only trust my ears before any reviewer. Many of these reviewers have an unusual need to use vocabulary they're not familiar with because they want people to think they're smart. Which in turn makes them appear desperate and insecure spewing diarrhea of words that are incoherent. (especially iem reviewers)
Good point,
Maybe their unit was defected or had some bad variation
I saw that you have focal clear og written in your headgear. How will you compare that to denon d9200? These reviewers praise focal clear and put it in S or A tier

Feb 6, 2024 at 8:28 AM Post #3,078 of 3,166
The seller himself doesn't know anything? Hotline gave me this answer: "The Tripowin GranVia (4.4 mm plug, dual 3.5 mm plug) is suitable for Focal Elegia.The Denon AH D7200 is a dual 2.5mm."
I checked and Denon AH D 7200 and Fokal Elegia both have the same cable! Both dual 3.5 mm ,Then these cables must also work with Denon 7200, right?
,Tripowin GranVia (4.4mm plug, dual 3.5mm)

You need dual 3.5mm plug for D7200 (these goes into your headphones) and then you have options for main connector (into your amp):

4.4mm = balanced cable
XLR = balanced cable
3.5mm = single ended
2.5mm = single ended

You need to double check if your amp provides balanced or unbalanced or both outputs and decide what connector is the best for you.

Feb 6, 2024 at 11:22 AM Post #3,079 of 3,166
You need dual 3.5mm plug for D7200 (these goes into your headphones) and then you have options for main connector (into your amp):

4.4mm = balanced cable
XLR = balanced cable
3.5mm = single ended
2.5mm = single ended

You need to double check if your amp provides balanced or unbalanced or both outputs and decide what connector is the best for you.
I use my AH D7200 with Fiio M11S, 4.4 mm balanced input. I've already used one with a cable like this. I just thought Tripowin GranVia was better.

Feb 6, 2024 at 11:54 AM Post #3,080 of 3,166
I use my AH D7200 with Fiio M11S, 4.4 mm balanced input. I've already used one with a cable like this. I just thought Tripowin GranVia was better.

If you have that cable from your link "6N OCC Silver Plated Copper" and looking to upgrade the sound that Tripowin might not deliver.
I prefer the 6N OCC one, it is my favorite cable for D7200 at the moment.

How do they sound to you now?
If you are looking for sound upgrade try different amps or EQ.

Feb 6, 2024 at 12:17 PM Post #3,081 of 3,166
Good point,
Maybe their unit was defected or had some bad variation
I saw that you have focal clear og written in your headgear. How will you compare that to denon d9200? These reviewers praise focal clear and put it in S or A tier
I like the clears, to the extent that i don't feel like I'm missing out not having anything better.

Even though there are better headphones out there.

It's a love it or hate it sound with focals. The treble is a bit exaggerated but i like that about the character, some people hate it.

The biggest advantage the clears have over pretty much everything else on the market is the punchiness of the sound. Music is allot more lively and musical. More of a "fun" headphone. Bass impact is second to none.

Its not perfect, some parts could be better, like lack of sub bass and extension. Some parts of the treble are a bit peaky.

D7200s are a bit easier going and more relaxed sound. And its strengths are the bass and sub bass extension, mids and speed.

I think they are very different but compliment each other nicely for a nice contrast in sound.

Feb 7, 2024 at 12:48 AM Post #3,082 of 3,166
If you have that cable from your link "6N OCC Silver Plated Copper" and looking to upgrade the sound that Tripowin might not deliver.
I prefer the 6N OCC one, it is my favorite cable for D7200 at the moment.

How do they sound to you now?
If you are looking for sound upgrade try different amps or EQ.
I only tested the 6N OCC silver-plated cable for 2 weeks and then sent it back. Now I just use a simple audio upgrade cable. Since I saw the LINSOUL Tripowin GranVia (someone recommended it here), I want to buy a balanced cable again and have to decide between 6N OCC Silver and LINSOUL Tripowin. And I think LINSOUL Tripowin is better because it is more expensive.
What do you think, which of the 2 cables is better?

71zFiUoZH3L._AC_SX679_ (1).jpg
71YrtGRuxvL._SX522_.jpg

Now you noticed something else,now another question in the picture: The double 3.5 mm plug is 3-pin. the Denon 7200 uses dual 3.5mm with 2 pins? Then with 3 pins it doesn't fit, right? The whole description has an error.
Now I noticed something, Hifiman HE400se & HE400i have dual 3.5 with 3 pin, but Focal Elegia and Denon 7200 use dual 3.5 with 2 pin. Then the description on the homepage is wrong! Or? Can be used with 3 pin out in 2 pin out Denon 7200 input feedthrough?

Screenshot Capture - 2024-02-07 - 07-11-52.png
Screenshot Capture - 2024-02-07 - 07-11-29.png

Attachments

• Screenshot Capture - 2024-02-07 - 07-11-52.png
    52.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot Capture - 2024-02-07 - 07-11-52.png
    52.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Feb 7, 2024 at 8:53 AM Post #3,084 of 3,166
I like the clears, to the extent that i don't feel like I'm missing out not having anything better.

Even though there are better headphones out there.

It's a love it or hate it sound with focals. The treble is a bit exaggerated but i like that about the character, some people hate it.

The biggest advantage the clears have over pretty much everything else on the market is the punchiness of the sound. Music is allot more lively and musical. More of a "fun" headphone. Bass impact is second to none.

Its not perfect, some parts could be better, like lack of sub bass and extension. Some parts of the treble are a bit peaky.

D7200s are a bit easier going and more relaxed sound. And its strengths are the bass and sub bass extension, mids and speed.

I think they are very different but compliment each other nicely for a nice contrast in sound.
How clears compares to denon d9200? In punch and slam, the dynamics of sound
How these compares in musicality

Feb 7, 2024 at 9:43 AM Post #3,085 of 3,166
How clears compares to denon d9200? In punch and slam, the dynamics of sound
How these compares in musicality
The d9200 is similar to the d7200 but its has better tonality, top end, more balanced and less bass.

Theres nothing that I've heard thats has more punch and slam than the clear og. However, I modded my set so I can't remember exactly what the stock clear og sounds like at this point.

I think its just due to the design of the driver. Even though the drivers are listed as 40mm, Focal drivers are not a traditional design and are capable of moving alot more air.

Feb 7, 2024 at 9:44 AM Post #3,086 of 3,166
The d9200 is similar to the d7200 but its has better tonality, top end, more balanced and less bass.

Theres nothing that I've heard thats has more punch and slam than the clear og. However, I modded my set so I can't remember exactly what the stock clear og sounds like at this point.

I think its just due to the design of the driver. Even though the drivers are listed as 40mm, Focal drivers are not a traditional design and are capable of moving alot more air.
That 40mm driver is insane, i think I just found my next upgrade
Clear og or lcd x

Feb 7, 2024 at 9:53 AM Post #3,087 of 3,166
That 40mm driver is insane, i think I just found my next upgrade
Clear og or lcd x
I'd recommend to demo them before you buy.

I like the clears but as I said, some people don't. The stock clear og has a bit of peaky treble that some people really hate.

The lcd x was one of those headphones, I was going to buy blind but I'm glad I didn't. It wasn't for me, I did not like it at all. Its dark and is very flat, no punch, and despite the looks, it has very little bass. At least the version I heard, which was the carbon fiber ear cups.

Feb 7, 2024 at 11:10 AM Post #3,088 of 3,166
I'd recommend to demo them before you buy.

I like the clears but as I said, some people don't. The stock clear og has a bit of peaky treble that some people really hate.

The lcd x was one of those headphones, I was going to buy blind but I'm glad I didn't. It wasn't for me, I did not like it at all. Its dark and is very flat, no punch, and despite the looks, it has very little bass. At least the version I heard, which was the carbon fiber ear cups.
They have just 1 downside “clipping” issues on higher volumes othen than that they’re Nice i will demo them, i ordered d9200 drivers for d7200
Lets see how they fit in d7200 wooden cups and how they sounds in these

Feb 7, 2024 at 12:45 PM Post #3,090 of 3,166
I need your help .
Ebay also sells cables with double plugs for Denon everywhere, but with a 3-pin assignment and not with the 2-pin assignment like I have. Is it possible that the 3-pin plug on Denon can be plugged into a 2-pin socket?Anyone already tried?

Ebay with 3 pin  for Denon 7200.pngKabel for Denon AH D 7200 Duo with 2 Pin.png

Physically they do enter. Usually they are connected the right way, it is supposed to work, and unless there is a bug, it should be fine.
Even if it would not work (which I doubt), you can re-solder the terminals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back