Denon AH-C300 and Denon AH-C301 any difference?
Nov 5, 2013 at 6:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

butter30

New Head-Fier
Was looking into these Denon earphones but I just cant see to find any difference between them apart from;
 ah-c300 came out 2012 and ah-c301 came out on 2013

Not sure if you are allowed to post external links to shopping sites so will just state;
On amazon UK ah-c300 cost £65 and ah-c301 cost £90

Wondering is the ah-c301 just a rehash of ah-c300 (not sure why a company would do that) or do you think its an improved model?

Dec 15, 2013 at 7:01 PM Post #2 of 13
They seem to be exactly the same IEMs.  The only difference that I can find, is that the AH-C300 is the one that is shown on the US DENON website and the AH-C301 is the one that is shown on the UK DENON website.  You won't find both on either site.  Have you bought a pair of these?

Dec 19, 2013 at 9:41 PM Post #6 of 13

Contact DENON personnel and ask them.  What is your location?

Well I thought someone at headfi may know, worth a shot.
I may contact them, although i'm sure they're the same.

I'm in the UK, which is why I mentioned eBay.co.uk

I am in the western world, ha, ha.  I got the AH-C300.  If you have not made up your mind about getting these yet, my posts from the AH-C300 impressions thread may help.  Start with this one:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/624637/denon-ah-c300-urban-raver-impressions/45#post_10076085

From my last post, I will give you an advancement:  If you can get the highs to sound good with whatever source you have, you will very likely enjoy the C300's a lot.  The lows and mids are of better than good enough quality to make this a wonderful sounding pair of IEMs, with the help of an equalizer.  Mids are neither recessed nor muddy, at all.  I am quite sensitive to mud (bass) in the mids.  Because these are big, there is enough room for abundant lows that do not overshadow the middle range frequencies.

Dec 20, 2013 at 3:35 PM Post #7 of 13
OK thanks very much mate, I'll keep me eye out.
I have the FXT90's and a just got a pair of the VSD1 too. (As well as several cheap, wow/FOTM buys)
I was considering the GR07's next but also like what I've read about these, the Urban Ravers!!

Hmmmm

So many IEM's, never enough money.

Dec 22, 2013 at 7:10 AM Post #8 of 13
I have the FXT90's and a just got a pair of the VSD1 too. (As well as several cheap, wow/FOTM buys)
I was considering the GR07's next but also like what I've read about these, the Urban Ravers!!

Hmmmm

HA, HA.

Feb 11, 2014 at 3:39 PM Post #9 of 13

Hmmmm

I also have the FXT90s, to say I'm underwhelmed is putting it mildly.

Feb 14, 2014 at 3:31 PM Post #10 of 13
  I also have the FXT90s, to say I'm underwhelmed is putting it mildly.

Well I absolutely loved them when I first bought them a few years ago... they really need amping though tbh.
Now after listening to many, many more sets of earphones, I'm not as taken with them as I first was.
In fact I never listen to them any more really.

You live and learn

Feb 14, 2014 at 4:37 PM Post #11 of 13
I usually use my Samsung S3 for my daily commute paired with my Denon ah -c400 and the sound wasn't bed. I have a cowon too, but can't use it with iphone compatible jacks such as the new range of denons (the D600 comes with a normal cable so that's great).
I just bought a sansa clip zip because it was so cheap and the difference between that and the S3 is night and day. I can honestly say the S3 really has poor for audio.

The sound from my iems using the sansa  is very very good and benefits immensely from the sansa's amp (I've only tried the Koss Porta Pros and ah-c400's so far), twice as good in fact as the S3.

The base on the ah-c400s is actually rather good, first time i tried them I thought, oh no I made a mistake, but after a month or two the base is actually prtetty decent.

I personally think the ah-c400s are possibly the best bargain on the planet at the moment, for all genres of music, they really are beautifully balanced.

There was a lot of talk about base distortion at high volumes when they first came out. I did notice this myself, but now a few months down the line the mild distortion is gone, must have just been a settling in period. That's the thing most reviewers have the phones for a week or two, which for some phones is not enough time.

Anyway if you use a Samsung S3 for audio, you are doing your ears no favours, go buy a clip for 20 bucks.

Feb 14, 2014 at 4:51 PM Post #12 of 13
  I usually use my Samsung S3 for my daily commute paired with my Denon ah -c400 and the sound wasn't bed. I have a cowon too, but can't use it with iphone compatible jacks such as the new range of denons (the D600 comes with a normal cable so that's great).
I just bought a sansa clip zip because it was so cheap and the difference between that and the S3 is night and day. I can honestly say the S3 really has poor for audio.

The sound from my iems using the sansa  is very very good and benefits immensely from the sansa's amp (I've only tried the Koss Porta Pros and ah-c400's so far), twice as good in fact as the S3.

The base on the ah-c400s is actually rather good, first time i tried them I thought, oh no I made a mistake, but after a month or two the base is actually prtetty decent.

I personally think the ah-c400s are possibly the best bargain on the planet at the moment, for all genres of music, they really are beautifully balanced.

There was a lot of talk about base distortion at high volumes when they first came out. I did notice this myself, but now a few months down the line the mild distortion is gone, must have just been a settling in period. That's the thing most reviewers have the phones for a week or two, which for some phones is not enough time.

Anyway if you use a Samsung S3 for audio, you are doing your ears no favours, go buy a clip for 20 bucks.

Here is an easy solution to the three ring plug incompatibility problem:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/624637/denon-ah-c300-urban-raver-impressions/75#post_10114966

Portable players don't do justice to my ears demands.  Still, whenever I want to use my AH-C300 with my cellular phone as audio source, I must use an extension.  Otherwise, they can not work together.

You should post your findings about the inferior sound quality of the Samsung Galaxy S3 in the AH-C300 thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back