Denon AH D400 Unboxing and Review Thread!
Aug 24, 2012 at 6:44 AM Post #47 of 82
I thought of getting these cans, now after reading all this, i am thinking twice...!

Aug 24, 2012 at 12:53 PM Post #49 of 82
Quote:
I bought these and am returning with a restocking fee.  One of the worst sounding headphones I ever heard at any price, run, don't walk away from the D400!  See my impression of these on the new Denon appreciation thread.

Thanks so much mate...luckily i didn't pursue ! Appreciate it !

Aug 24, 2012 at 1:15 PM Post #50 of 82
I guess that with all the extras on them, amplifier, volume controls, microphone etc. that you are not actually getting much quality driver for your money... Also these are aimed at the beats crowd so I am not suprised. Also denons are not exactly amazing value for money in general so it would seem logical that the D400 are ***** then lol.

Aug 24, 2012 at 2:25 PM Post #51 of 82
Quote:
I guess that with all the extras on them, amplifier, volume controls, microphone etc. that you are not actually getting much quality driver for your money... Also these are aimed at the beats crowd so I am not suprised. Also denons are not exactly amazing value for money in general so it would seem logical that the D400 are ***** then lol.

All  valid points and I was thinking the same thing, but curiosity and what I thought was a great deal got the better of me.  Lesson learned.  Buying them on impulse is actually all Val's fault since the M-100s haven't been released yet :wink:

Aug 24, 2012 at 2:44 PM Post #52 of 82
Quote:
All  valid points and I was thinking the same thing, but curiosity and what I thought was a great deal got the better of me.  Lesson learned.  Buying them on impulse is actually all Val's fault since the M-100s haven't been released yet :wink:

Oh yes...now looking forward for the M100s...hopefully they fair well !

Aug 24, 2012 at 2:53 PM Post #53 of 82
Quote:

Oh yes...now looking forward for the M100s...hopefully they fair well !

If they don't work for you, have I pointed you in the direction of the PSB M4U2?  They are one of my favorite headphones in the $400 range with great bass (right on the basshead border, but never intrudes on the mids) and accurate reproduction of mids and highs.

Aug 24, 2012 at 3:18 PM Post #57 of 82
Quote:
Even the LP look very small

Unless you have very large ears, they should be fine.  My ears are larger than average.  The pads are hexagon shaped, not round, so the size can be deceiving.  From pictures, the oval Ultrasone Edition 8s look like very small pads, but they fit fine over my ears and are quite comfortable.  Months ago Val also mentioned the possibility of being able to purchase larger earpads as an option, although I don't know if they will come to be.

Aug 24, 2012 at 10:32 PM Post #58 of 82
Quote:
If they don't work for you, have I pointed you in the direction of the PSB M4U2?  They are one of my favorite headphones in the $400 range with great bass (right on the basshead border, but never intrudes on the mids) and accurate reproduction of mids and highs.

They look really good...something to surely look into...:) Tks mate...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back