DENON AH-D5000 or AKG Q701's Positional Audio Gaming
Jun 16, 2013 at 2:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Solid Srag

New Head-Fier
Hi all, first time poster, long time lurker and lover of Head-fi. I'm looking to upgrade my DT770 Pro 250OHM headphones. Naturally I came here because this forum has the most informed and knowledgeable people on the internet regarding the subject, love you guys (and girls) I'm trying to decide between the AKG Q701's and the Denon AH-D5000 cans. I'm aware the Denon's cost double, but they may not be suited for my purpose, which is going to be playing video games such as Arma and other simulator type games where great positional audio is a MUST. Does anyone have any experience with gaming on the Denon's? I have heard good things about the AKG's, but would love to hear some input on how the Denon's perform with regards to positional audio in games. I have a solid sound card and amp to power these so that is not an issue. One more thing, I have heard the HD800's from Sennheiser are ridiculous in the positional audio aspect, although they are rather expensive and I will only consider them if the two previously mentioned sets of cans are no good for my requirements. Any help is greatly appreciated, cheers Head-fi!

Jun 16, 2013 at 2:57 AM Post #2 of 4
Quote:
Hi all, first time poster, long time lurker and lover of Head-fi. I'm looking to upgrade my DT770 Pro 250OHM headphones. Naturally I came here because this forum has the most informed and knowledgeable people on the internet regarding the subject, love you guys (and girls) I'm trying to decide between the AKG Q701's and the Denon AH-D5000 cans. I'm aware the Denon's cost double, but they may not be suited for my purpose, which is going to be playing video games such as Arma and other simulator type games where great positional audio is a MUST. Does anyone have any experience with gaming on the Denon's? I have heard good things about the AKG's, but would love to hear some input on how the Denon's perform with regards to positional audio in games. I have a solid sound card and amp to power these so that is not an issue. One more thing, I have heard the HD800's from Sennheiser are ridiculous in the positional audio aspect, although they are rather expensive and I will only consider them if the two previously mentioned sets of cans are no good for my requirements. Any help is greatly appreciated, cheers Head-fi!

I say Q701.

Jun 16, 2013 at 6:45 AM Post #4 of 4
Have you had a peruse of MadLustEnvy's thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/534479/mad-lust-envy-aka-shin-czs-guide-to-headphone-gaming-particularly-with-dolby-headphone

Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back