Denon AH-D9200 - 2018 Flagship - Impressions Thread
Jan 4, 2024 at 3:57 PM Post #4,201 of 4,414
I am so happy that you are getting them, IMO, you are making the right choice sir! Welcome to Denon, may your ears be delivered auditorial bliss, from the flagship kings, AH-D9200's! :L3000:

IMG-6117.jpg

IMG-6113.jpg

IMG-6111.jpg

IMG-6108.jpg

IMG-6120.jpg
I'm glad you love them so much... Some times, I remember the things I loved about them (well, the sub-genres or songs that suited them perfectly)... and the incredible bass... But then, come to my mind that treble which some times almost destroyed my ears...

Jan 4, 2024 at 3:57 PM Post #4,202 of 4,414
I am so happy that you are getting them, IMO, you are making the right choice sir! Welcome to Denon, may your ears be delivered auditorial bliss, from the flagship kings, AH-D9200's! :L3000:

IMG-6117.jpg

IMG-6113.jpg

IMG-6111.jpg

IMG-6108.jpg

IMG-6120.jpg
Congrats me too then, i just pulled the trigger and ordered one a few minutes ago! :) I just watched again Damir Franc review and his emotional breakdown, and that was the cherry on the top! Im veeery curious, and happy that finally made the decision after like 2 weeks of X-files like search, investigation, exploration and dunno what else. :) Really nice pictures mate!

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2024 at 5:11 PM Post #4,204 of 4,414
Im getting dca aeon 2 noire for 650$ and denon d7200 for 450$ and d9200 for 900$
Can anyone do the comparison between aeon 2 noire vs denons please
Without other requirements I’d choose the D9200.
The Aeon may be more portable but requires more power and is less engaging. The D7200 is a bit darker and less refined than the D9200

Jan 4, 2024 at 5:32 PM Post #4,207 of 4,414
This evening I listened to both CDs of David Gilmoure's album "Live at Pompeii" again. What a fabulous treat on the D9200. A chill runs down your spine and your arm tingles when you hit the Fender Stratocaster Black Strat during the track “Shine On You Crazy Diamond”! 🎸🥰
Yes, true, Pink Floyd sound exceptional with the 9200s :relaxed:

Jan 4, 2024 at 11:09 PM Post #4,208 of 4,414
I am happy to hear that several of you folks are getting your Denon's. I also appreciate the positive comments as well, especially since I have been going through some things.

You folks might recall that I had bought the Ultrasone Signature X's from Drop prior to buying the Denon's. The Sig x's broke at the upper hinge point of the headband. After initial push back from Drop, and a negative review on their site later, they finally agreed to issue a return for a refund, this was back on the 22nd of November. I got them returned within the first week of December, and was officially returned on the 6th. I let them know the return was completed, and they gave me this BS story, that they were conveniently doing a warehouse inventory check during the return period, and would have to wait another week for that to be completed, then they could get to my package, and confirm the proper headphones were sent, and then issue the refund.

2-weeks later, I inquired as to the status of me getting my refund. And the CS Manager doubled down on the previous story, even though he told me before it would only be a week, now its going to take longer. You know what I would have considered a lovely Christmas gift? How about getting my refund by Christmas, so I didn't have to owe interest on those can's when the 6-month interest window drops in January? Well, I regret to report, here we are in January, and I still have no refund, and non a peep from the CS team manager. I am also past the 180 day resolution dispute window with Paypal. And even though I am completely in the right here, Paypal doesn't give a crap, because its beyond the 180-days of their policy.

The interest window drops on the 15th of this month, so unless that refund suddenly shows up before then, I am screwed. So, the Denon headphones are the only thing keeping me from going crazy right now. But I can tell you this much, I will NEVER EVER order anything from Drop ever again. They made me a victim of fraud. According to United States federal law, once a return has been received by a company or seller, they have to issue a refund within 7-days. Yeah, I looked it up. Clearly Drop has no problem with screwing me over. And despite me posting screenshots from the emails back and fourth on the review page, not even that is scarring them into action.

I appreciate your support folks, thanks again for the kind comments.

Jan 6, 2024 at 1:15 AM Post #4,209 of 4,414
im getting d7200 and aeon 2 noire? What do you think i should buy? I cant try them because i will import from other country
Always depends on your own preferences and uses but in this case, I would rather have the one D9200 over having both of the others. I first tried the D7200 and said that I would never try another Denon off that was their TOTL at the time. Good thing I didn't keep my word.

Jan 9, 2024 at 2:08 PM Post #4,210 of 4,414
Just a quick feedback guys: i got it today, the D9200 is on my head right now and its remarkable! Hmmm its just a very well balanced sound profile, nothing is exaggerated, and the different audio tracks are well defined separately within music. I mean nothing blends together, i hear the drum section if i will, or if i want i can just listen the head vocal, they enjoyable together as a whole or even one by one, interesting. What a few of u said that they can be bright, as i listening them i cant hear too much brightness or sparkle, i was scared that it will be worse on this front. Powered from my Fiio K7 its well balanced, not too bright, if i have to compare to something, its sounds like the HD600 but with much better technicals of course, the fundamental sound colorness is like that, timbre is alike too. So i keep them, exactly what i wanted from a high end closed backs. Happy listening! :)

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2024 at 3:33 AM Post #4,212 of 4,414
Recived two days ago, outstanding, the seller says that have less than 10 hours of using. I use it with a shanling up4 22 (dual DAC mode)and Deezer. Do you suggest any eq tips? I use poweramp equalizer

IMG20240110130805.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2024 at 4:15 AM Post #4,213 of 4,414
Recived two days ago, outstanding, the seller says that have less than 10 hours of using. I use it with a shanling up4 22 (dual DAC mode)and Deezer. Do you suggest any eq tips? I use poweramp equalizer

IMG20240110130805.jpg

Heck yeah dude, congratulations, time to have a headfi party woohoo! 🎉🥳👋

Now all you need is 24-hours on them, to complete the 24-hour burn in, so them drivers are nicely opened up and flexible, ready for auditorial sensor pleasure! :L3000:

1704964222277.png

You can start with settings like these, except maybe not so much boost to the high end as this. But use as a reference point, and fine tune from there. This is an old picture I took from years ago so yeah. I personally am doing the +10DB boost that you see here for the 30-Hertz and 60-Hertz ranges. But I am keeping the mid-range flat, more flat then you see here. But I do have the last three higher frequency sliders razed by +2 DB or so. But on your setup, you might not need to raze the higher frequencies at all, it just really depends. Some folks have even lowered their higher frequencies by -4DB. On my setup I had to raise them, because the higher frequency range was muffled stock.

I can't wait to hear your initial thoughts, and thanks for sharing a picture with us! You rock! :L3000:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back