Denons vs Ultrasone vs Technics?
Feb 19, 2013 at 9:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

akariousami

New Head-Fier
I apologise in advance for this because I know these threads are just done to death but I asked my question in the headphone recommendations thread and nobody answered, so I figure just make a thread for better chance of it being seen.

Anyway!
I've sort of been going crazy looking for a set of new headphones and it's just starting to get annoying at this point. So I figure it would be best if I just came here to ask the experts.
I really want to upgrade my current set of cans for at least an "entry" audiophile over ear pair while still being under about $150. I'm really looking for a pair to be versatile and not too much focus on one particular genre or have too much emphasis in one area.

Along with this, portability is a big thing as I'll be using them DJ'ing while traveling and on my ipod. Size isn't a huge issue for me but cable length is as I don't want to haul a 12ft cord around everywhere when I'm just out walking around. And I guess it sort of goes without saying with portability, closed back is preferable. I've been doing a lot of research on all these and while I often come back to the unofficial headphone of this site, the Audio Technica ATH M50s, the biggest problem with them I have is that they're not really portable (so I hear) and that there are a lot of comparable or better phones out now in the same price range or just slightly more expensive.
So I've ended up narrowing it down to a couple of models that seem very well respected in the audiophile community.

The Denon DNHP1000's, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro S Logic, and the Technics RPDH1200 are the three that seem to have the highest reviews and would be perfect for my use, unless someone were to point out another headphone that would be better.

Thanks in advance! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back