Desk stand for iMod w/ place for amp?
Jul 14, 2006 at 3:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

dcguy73

Formerly known as dc_guy
I am getting a iModded iPod, and have been looking at various configurations of stands to display it and my amp in my portable office system. The ideal stand would tilt the iPod at an angle where I could see the screen and would have a base/room for the amp below the iPod.

I love the Ped2 iPodi stand at http://www.podsplus.com/index.cfm?fu...Product_ID=215, but it is set up to utilize the line out from the bottom of the iPod. In order to use it with an iModded iPod, you'd have to run a long cable from the headphone jack down to the back (or front) of your portable amp.

There's the option of Headroom's Micro Strap, but that requires putting velcro all over the back of your iPod.

Any suggestions on other stands to look at? I'm having a hard time finding one that meets my needs.

Jul 14, 2006 at 5:50 PM Post #2 of 2
If you think about it, if you want your ipod to be upright or comfortably tilted there's no avoiding this conundrum you face,

except...

If your mini-rca or mini-mini cable is right-angled, I think the ped2 would look great, and the cable wouldn't be very obtrusive.
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back