Desktop Amp/DAC combo for SRH1840, HD650, HE400/HE500 and maybe a 2 channel hi-fi speaker
Mar 31, 2013 at 5:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

damianmb

Head-Fier
Hi All,

I have a Dacport LX + C421 and I hate having two cables to connect them to my laptop. Now I own a SRH1840 but I plan to get those other headphones. My budget is let's say 1K but I can spend more if it justified. 

Where I am I can get mainly Schitt and Burson, but I might order online if necessary. 

Let's I don't really plan to own a lot of amps and sources, so it should be something nice and that looks nice too.My current combo is not elegant, and I should have bought the Dacport (DAC+Amps) instead of separate ones, just for convenience. Using my phone + amp is also not convenient for me, so I guess is time for a dedicated amp.

It should have USB entry and something to connect the PS3 or a TV when I watch movies. I'm not into balanced cables, have no idea about them and if they really improve the sound.

The amps as you might see must handle low and high impedance phones. I listen mostly to rock, britpop, pop, acoustic. Not classical really, and neither mainstream like Billboard charts. Oasis, Coldplay, Adele, Norah Jones, Nickelback, Eddie Vedder, Chris Cornell, etc..

I might go with some flagship phone in the future, but not now. I don't want to pay 1K more for something 1% better, I prefer convenience. My idea is again, an all in one solution, but if there is really a big SQ different I might get suggestions.

Thanks for your help guys :).

Damián.

Mar 31, 2013 at 6:07 PM Post #2 of 6
Look into the Violectric V100 with the USB input option.

Apr 1, 2013 at 4:26 AM Post #3 of 6
Thanks Hodgjy, There is not much information about the USB option for it, what's the DAC performance. It seems that when you connect a host then all the other ports don't work. It is a bit of a rustic solution, and there is no optical input neither for the PS3 or TV. As I understand there is no switch for anything :frowning2:. I wonder if the $1800 Burson Conductor is worth the money...

Apr 5, 2013 at 8:41 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:
Hi All,

I might go with some flagship phone in the future, but not now. I don't want to pay 1K more for something 1% better, I prefer convenience. My idea is again, an all in one solution, but if there is really a big SQ different I might get suggestions.

Thanks for your help guys :).

Damián.

Which headphones you have in mind? 

Apr 7, 2013 at 3:09 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:
As I understand there is no switch for anything :frowning2:. I wonder if the $1800 Burson Conductor is worth the money...

It have lots of inputs, a beefy headphone amp/preamp (able to drive monitor speakers with authority) and a good dac.

A good idea if you want to buy some flagship cans in the future. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back