Devialet IEM - will they sound good and be reliable?
Jun 10, 2021 at 9:58 PM Post #122 of 146
I have got mine a few days ago. It comes with the latest firmware out of the box and so there is no need to update. I don't know if they redesigned the hardware or not, but pairing with my iPhone 12 Pro Max is effortless and connections are very stable, even on the busiest street (in Hong Kong where I live). The drivers may need more time to break in but I already like its sound presentation. Vocal is natural, bass is deep, drum is real and soundstage is 'authentic' -- just like I am listening a pair of over-the-ear closed-type headphones. Love it. Worth the USD300 for sure.

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2021 at 10:00 PM Post #123 of 146
How did you guys get the new tips ...I wonder if they will be included with the relaunch of the Gemini.
They are free as part of the extended warranty and “hanging” in there. Contact customer service. They are very responsive. The new tips really improve the fit for me. I am in love with these headphones again. I think they sound better than the pi7.

Jun 21, 2021 at 6:16 AM Post #125 of 146
I have had mine for a week now but wanted to hold off with my thoughts...no issues with connecting or battery. ANC Is great and the fit for me is also very good. Sound is super, way better than my Sony XM3.
I have ordered a set of Geminis that should arrive on Wednesday. In my TWS journey so far I have had XM3, XM4 and currently have the Bose QC buds. Looking forward to hearing how the Geminis stack up. From everything I have read it sounds like they will be the last stop on my journey this time around.

Jul 19, 2021 at 10:40 PM Post #126 of 146
I have ordered a set of Geminis that should arrive on Wednesday. In my TWS journey so far I have had XM3, XM4 and currently have the Bose QC buds. Looking forward to hearing how the Geminis stack up. From everything I have read it sounds like they will be the last stop on my journey this time around.

Hi! Have you received yours in time? What do you think about these compared with the others that you own?

Personally, I like my Gemini more day by day, as the ANC is so good during my daily commute. I have tried to replace the stock tips to some others just for testing, including Acoustune AET07 and final type E TWS tips. Yet I have found that the stock tips give the best bass quality. Texture is lost with the other two aftermarket tips. So I am happy to stay with the stock tips come with the Gemini, L size if anyone is interested. :xf_cool:

Jul 20, 2021 at 5:53 AM Post #127 of 146
Hi! Have you received yours in time? What do you think about these compared with the others that you own?

Personally, I like my Gemini more day by day, as the ANC is so good during my daily commute. I have tried to replace the stock tips to some others just for testing, including Acoustune AET07 and final type E TWS tips. Yet I have found that the stock tips give the best bass quality. Texture is lost with the other two aftermarket tips. So I am happy to stay with the stock tips come with the Gemini, L size if anyone is interested. :xf_cool:
I had two sets of Gemini. I will start by saying they were the best sounding TWS I owned and I wish I could have kept them. I unfortunately had the same problem with both sets that made me return them. When removing the right bud from my ear, the auto-pause function would not function. It would function for a short while and then stop. If I factory reset them they would start working again for a short while and then stop again. Support told me I had a faulty pair, but when it happened with two sets I got concerned. I also couldn't get past the battery life on transparency mode. I could only get about 2.5 hours in transparency. That said, I would be more than willing to overlook these issues if the price were to drop, but for $300 it was tough to ignore these things.

As far as tips go, I had settled on the Spinfit CP-360 for the Gemini. They gave me the most secure fit, best comfort and I really enjoyed the sound. I couldn't ever find a good fit with the stock tips. They always felt like they were going to fall out of my ears.

Jul 21, 2021 at 3:51 AM Post #128 of 146
Morning all.

Looking to get my first pair of TWS IEMs and these are tempting. Will be using with my iphone 12 PM and my Hiby R3 Pro.

Read a couple of online reviews saying that the SQ with ANC off is markedly weaker (and seen one YT reviewer saying he hasn't experienced this). Any opinions from here?

Thank you.

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2021 at 8:01 PM Post #129 of 146
Morning all.

Looking to get my first pair of TWS IEMs and these are tempting. Will be using with my iphone 12 PM and my Hiby R3 Pro.

Read a couple of online reviews saying that the SQ with ANC off is markedly weaker (and seen one YT reviewer saying he hasn't experienced this. Any views from here.

Thank you.
I did not perceive any significant differences in SQ. Thought they sounded great either way.

Jul 22, 2021 at 1:25 AM Post #130 of 146
Morning all.

Read a couple of online reviews saying that the SQ with ANC off is markedly weaker (and seen one YT reviewer saying he hasn't experienced this. Any views from here.

Thank you.
I agree with those reviews, definitely more compressed sounding without the ANC/transparency. They are obviously meant to be listened to with it on; The fact that you can't get to "neutral" mode without going into the app indicates this, and the patented tech they have is all to make ANC sound natural and comfortable, and it works amazingly well. I never bother with neutral mode with these and never will.

Jul 22, 2021 at 3:14 AM Post #131 of 146
Thank you @cresny and @gwompki.

I think I'll pull the trigger. I'd narrowed my choice down to these or the XM4s, but I've never been a huge fan of the Sony sound, and the black ones are as rare as hen's teeth here in Norway at the mo. Seems the Geminis have the SQ and ANC combo that I want. Shame I can't demo them, nor return them if I don't like, but it's only money....

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2021 at 9:15 AM Post #132 of 146
Thank you @cresny and @gwompki.

I think I'll pull the trigger. I'd narrowed my choice down to these or the XM4s, but I've never been a huge fan of the Sony sound, and the black ones are as rare as hen's teeth here in Norway at the mo. Seems the Geminis have the SQ and ANC combo that I want. Shame I can't demo them, nor return them if I don't like, but it's only money....
I don't have the XM4s, but I do have the XM3s. SQ is no comparison. The one caveat is that the Geminis get only about 4 hours straight listening so even with the great ANC they won't do for a noisy work situation. They recharge fast though. I do plan to get the XM4s as a backup when they go on sale in the holiday season.

Jul 23, 2021 at 4:53 AM Post #133 of 146
One further question- has anyone compared the volume on using the Geminis between ios and Android?

I tried my friend's PI7s on my devices, and the AAC volume was a lot higher on my LG v30 than on my iphone 12pm. Don't want that - my ears are 58 years old and I need to crank the volume up...

Thanks again.

Jul 23, 2021 at 8:33 PM Post #134 of 146
One further question- has anyone compared the volume on using the Geminis between ios and Android?

I tried my friend's PI7s on my devices, and the AAC volume was a lot higher on my LG v30 than on my iphone 12pm. Don't want that - my ears are 58 years old and I need to crank the volume up...

Thanks again.
I only tried the Devialet and XM4 on Android devices. Surprisingly, both Android devices reacted very differently in terms of volume. That said I did have dev options enabled on one and not the other. I didn't explore much and kept listening on the one with more headroom/volume. Very funny how much difference a transport can make this day in age, but honestly I am happy for it!

Jul 23, 2021 at 8:50 PM Post #135 of 146

Thanks again.
The Geminis are very efficient. I only go past 33% on older under-mastered recordings. Now I think the Geminis would be perfect for you because they render a lot of detail at lower volumes. The ANC really helps there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back