Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones!
Nov 27, 2017 at 5:36 PM Post #526 of 7,489
The first post in this thread is from 8/13/15. That's a longer gestation period than an African elephant.

Perhaps not announcing new product two years in advance would be worth consideration. That would give you (or any manufacturer) time and get it right (and deal with supply/other issues) with less community pressure. IMO, 6 months in advance would be plenty of lead time for the head-fi hype cycle to fully engage....

Nov 27, 2017 at 5:51 PM Post #527 of 7,489
Geez, cut the guy a break. Not everything goes according to plan, especially when you don’t have big corporate bucks and resources to rush things along. I am sure the Diana will be well worth the wait. At least you have an owner/developer that keeps customers informed. Nothing more you can ask.

Nov 27, 2017 at 7:16 PM Post #528 of 7,489
Geez, cut the guy a break. Not everything goes according to plan, especially when you don’t have big corporate bucks and resources to rush things along. I am sure the Diana will be well worth the wait. At least you have an owner/developer that keeps customers informed. Nothing more you can ask.
I think he meant that two years is a long time to announce a new product in advance. I've always been an advocate of getting the product ready, then formally announcing it's ready, come and buy Arthur brown. But I also understand the concept of creating a demand ahead of time.

I just want Diana. I hate girls who play hard to get.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2017 at 7:17 PM Post #529 of 7,489
I completely understand your point. I know mid Nov. was the date given when you ordered. We're close so would very much appreciate it if you bear with us so we can send you the finished product.

Nov 28, 2017 at 1:55 AM Post #530 of 7,489
Yeah nobody likes waiting. It is easy to get pissed off when something doesn't go to plan. But just like people who get their concert tickets refunded when a band delays coming out for a show, by the time it actually does come, you'll be annoyed that you didn't just wait it out.

(...says the guy who didn't have to lay down 3 grand :p)

Nov 28, 2017 at 9:27 AM Post #531 of 7,489
But just like people who get their concert tickets refunded when a band delays coming out for a show, by the time it actually does come, you'll be annoyed that you didn't just wait it out.
upload_2017-11-28_9-25-10.jpeg

Nov 29, 2017 at 4:07 PM Post #532 of 7,489
Nov 29, 2017 at 4:37 PM Post #534 of 7,489
It's like waiting for a baby to be born. Diana may have to be induced or delivered by cesarean section :smile:

Nov 29, 2017 at 4:41 PM Post #535 of 7,489
I'm pretty confident it will be in my hands by mid-December, just a gut feeling. I was going to bow out tomorrow, but if I did, it would probably ship the next day :blowfish:

Nov 29, 2017 at 10:00 PM Post #537 of 7,489
Christmas Eve at the bloody post office....

Nov 30, 2017 at 12:15 PM Post #539 of 7,489
Man, I really really wanna try these. After finally having about a week with a planar type driver at the house I see how awesome they sound. If this sounds anything like the big brother it's going to be quite awesome. I sure hope they will fit around my ears.

Nov 30, 2017 at 3:17 PM Post #540 of 7,489
I sure hope they will fit around my ears.
They have redesigned the pads to alleviate the potential of a fit problem.This was the reason for the delay from the original release date. I'm thinking they will also be more comfortable than with the original pad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back