Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones!
Dec 15, 2023 at 12:46 PM Post #6,723 of 7,422
For example?
Acro CA1000T is at $2299, so I think the options are:

1. For most budget friendly: Hifiman Serenade DAC+Amp combo
2. SMSL D400ES + Cayin HA-3A Tube Amp for tubey sound option (this is my personal favourite from these options)
3. Gustard R26 with Singxer SA-1/Schiit Jotunheim 2 for solid state option

Dec 16, 2023 at 11:22 AM Post #6,726 of 7,422
In my experience a better amp will provide a bettwr upgrade vs cables. I have the Ferrum OOR and will highly recommend it. I also have the SC cable btw
I'd second this.

I spend the most, by far, on my transducers.
Amplification comes next.
DAC/source are middle of the road pricing.
Cables are jewelery for me, as opposed to anything else.

Dec 16, 2023 at 11:48 AM Post #6,727 of 7,422
I'd second this.

I spend the most, by far, on my transducers.
Amplification comes next.
DAC/source are middle of the road pricing.
Cables are jewelery for me, as opposed to anything else.
I agree here. I have had some luck with cables refining the sound but nothing over the top or drastic. Typically it’s a slightly better background, some additional clarity, maybe some warmth or less warmth, maybe a touch more of punch. Headphones and amp is the best upgrade. Unless you’re satisfied there and then it’s dac imo.

Dec 16, 2023 at 12:07 PM Post #6,728 of 7,422
I agree here. I have had some luck with cables refining the sound but nothing over the top or drastic. Typically it’s a slightly better background, some additional clarity, maybe some warmth or less warmth, maybe a touch more of punch. Headphones and amp is the best upgrade. Unless you’re satisfied there and then it’s dac imo.
I agree! Its always headphones for me first and foremost. Followed by amps and dacs. I always leave the cables for last. Mostly for fine tuning. I love have draytonklammer said it. Cables as jewelry lol. But hey they do look beautiful. I esp love my interconnect cables 😆

Dec 16, 2023 at 12:25 PM Post #6,730 of 7,422
Actually I'm having this ACRO CA1000! I need to choose between Superconductor cable or better amp! What prefer ?
Easy answer: Amplifier! (this is an answer from someone with multiple cables from various brands)

Ferrum Oor is definitely a solid choice for the price.

Dec 16, 2023 at 12:31 PM Post #6,731 of 7,422
FWIW, I use the schiit mjolnir 3 and find it’s a really good match. Really good for the cost too. The mojo2 is solid as well but the mj3 is better. They do seem to scale well. I should have my new tube amp soon and I’ll report back with the pairing.

Dec 16, 2023 at 2:10 PM Post #6,733 of 7,422
Which will be prefer? between XIAudio Broadway or Ferrum OOR ? Ferrum has more power, but Abyss recommended Broadway!
I never tried Broadway. ABYSS can recommend whatever they want and it will not matter. In the end its your $, its your ears, its your style. I suggest you get a demo and hear with your own ears your preferrnce

Dec 17, 2023 at 12:59 AM Post #6,734 of 7,422
Picked up the suede bass ported pads.

Suede pads are good. Not too much gets lost but are smoother. Leather has a little more detail but are a little spicier (not harsh to me tho). Leather offers more low end and more reverb.
I don’t find the leather bad or anything but if you want a chill headphone but still detailed, the suede is a nice option to have. Then add the leather when you want more energy.

Dec 17, 2023 at 11:16 AM Post #6,735 of 7,422
Which will be prefer? between XIAudio Broadway or Ferrum OOR ? Ferrum has more power, but Abyss recommended Broadway!

Both sound fine for Diana MR. Ferrum is more versatile though, deliver bigger power in case you need for harder to drive headphones, and you can upgrade the overall SQ with Hypsos. Broadway has its own advantage as you can use it with battery only (paired with DAP can become great transportable set up).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back