Difference shure se425 and AT E70
Aug 28, 2017 at 3:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Karl Van Iseghem

New Head-Fier
Hi,

i'm in doubt. I was using Shure 410 until last week when the cable in my in-ears broke.
Now I'm searching for new IEM.
I can get Shure SE425 and Audio Technica E70 for the same price. I know the former is 2 way, the later 3 way.
But how about the other differences?
I'm a drummer in a live band and need to have clear Sound on click-track and Bass.
What choice is the beter one?
(shure se 535/846 of course but that doesn't suit my budget )

Aug 29, 2017 at 9:11 AM Post #2 of 2
Hi Karl Van Iseghem,

Keep in mind, this is personal preference but sound monitoring for me is a semi serious hobby, as a user of both a long time user of Audio Technica & owner of many Shure IEMs, particualrly in the 'pro music range' I would suggest the E70 over the SE425 as sonically the music reproduction is more accurate, leaning slightly towards neutral but with enough musical detail & clarity to be immersive (by the way, all this is source dependant so have a good source).

This is my everyday IEM & the isolation is ridiculously good especially if you get tips like comply isolation, my fit is so good I sometimes forget I have them on.

Also, driver number has very little to do with how an IEM may sound as it comes down to tuning & personal preference, over the years, I have heard different IEMs with different drivers, some single drivers have actually outperformed some multiple drivers by a fair margin though I have found triple drivers are generally consistently better if one is looking for IEMs with multiple drivers (the most I have ever had the opportunity to try are 6 drivers but personally thought the tuning was either terrible or non existent so until I find an IEM with 6 I like, I'll stick with the E 70 which personally I think is hard to beat for what I got it for ) but once again, this is personal preference

Hope this helps

Have a great day !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back