Differences between the Denon AH-D 5000 and Denon AH-D 7000
May 29, 2012 at 11:46 AM Post #17 of 21
That's quite a lot of money for those pads. I wouldn't mind bringing the mids a touch forward but I also wouldn't want to change the bass in the least. For me, the price of admission is just too high.

May 29, 2012 at 12:10 PM Post #18 of 21
Quote:
That's quite a lot of money for those pads. I wouldn't mind bringing the mids a touch forward but I also wouldn't want to change the bass in the least. For me, the price of admission is just too high.

yeah the price is high, second hand jmoney pads might be an option. Also stuffing pads might help bring the mids forward. You can see the difference with the Jmoney pads at innerfidelity, I thought they would have had the lawnton pads also tested on their site by now...

Jun 5, 2012 at 12:16 AM Post #21 of 21
If I do, it will have to wait for another day as I can't really afford to spend more than I already have. Besides as for now, I am really enjoying the sound as is. To me, the difference between the D-5000's and the D-7000's is pretty noticeable and I like them A LOT more. The most noticeable think i can tell is that the treble has smoothed out a lot and the D7000's don't have the harshness that the D5000's do. Other than that I think I most agree with KG Jags description in that they do everything a little better than the D5000's. I do like the tighter bass though and that's one reason why I may end up getting them markl modded so maybe I can tighter it up a bit more. All in all, extremely happy with the purchase and they came in very good condition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back