Differences / Pros and Cons between M50s and WS99?
May 23, 2014 at 9:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

ninjapenguin120

New Head-Fier
I loved my ATH M50s. They were great headphones. They were perfect for me, as an average guy on a budget, who wanted headphones with isolation, clarity, a relativity neutral sound signature, that looked good enough to wear in public, and above all, good sound to price ratio. But our lives together were cut short when my locker was shimmed, and my precious headphones were ruthlessly taken from me.
I decided to use the interwebs and whatnot for more than just stupid YouTube videos, and look around for a new pair of cans. One of the only complaints I had about the sound of the M50s was the less than tight and solid bass. It was no big deal, and I could more than cope with the base they had. But looking around the forums, I found the ATH WS77s and WS99s. From the impressions I get from of the forum members here, they have exactly that. If they're anything like what I hear, I'll be able to indulge in bass without compromising the existence of mids and highs. Plus, look at the WS77s. They're look amazing!

So my question is, how do the WS77s and WS99s compare to the M50s in terms of quality, comfort, and other things? Aside from the specs, how is the experience? How is the build, quality, clarity, color, compared to the M50s? I've heard that the difference between the WS77 and WS99 isn't very large, but how do they compare to my beloved M50s? Am I better off just going with the M50Xs?
Thanks, all!

May 23, 2014 at 11:16 AM Post #2 of 2
Hi,

Some people complain about WS99 comfort. Despite that, they seem to be very nice headphones.

You should also consider Logitech UE6000!

Best Luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back