Different DT770 80ohm versions?
May 2, 2013 at 12:16 PM Post #3 of 18
I think the version on the first two pictures is older; but it is not necessarily what you will receive if you order from those places, and the difference is only a minor aesthetical one anyway. The pictures shown at various shops can be outdated sometimes.

May 2, 2013 at 12:20 PM Post #4 of 18
There's only 1 version from what i know. 
Headphone companies tend to update their designs over time. 

May 2, 2013 at 12:23 PM Post #5 of 18
I'm pretty sure that the headphones shown in pictures one and three are
older versions of the DT7770 80 ohms.

The version I've seen is the one on the Beyer website:
http://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/shop/dt-770-pro.html

May 2, 2013 at 1:19 PM Post #7 of 18
Never heard of fake Beyers. How they sound? 

May 2, 2013 at 1:31 PM Post #8 of 18
They sound pretty bad in my opinion and they're my first set of professional headphones.  I've used them with two somewhat low end sound cards (SB Audigy and SB X-Fi USB) but since they aren't really amps so I can't say anything yet.  I have a FiiO e17 being shipped out so I'll know for sure then.

May 3, 2013 at 4:15 AM Post #9 of 18
Quote:
So If I receive them with this cable, it's the newest and updated design?  I actually did receive them today from ebay brand new and unused and I was worried it may be a fake.

Quote:
Never heard of fake Beyers. How they sound? 

Quote:
They sound pretty bad in my opinion and they're my first set of professional headphones.  I've used them with two somewhat low end sound cards (SB Audigy and SB X-Fi USB) but since they aren't really amps so I can't say anything yet.  I have a FiiO e17 being shipped out so I'll know for sure then.

I've never heard of fake Beyers either; of course they may nonetheless exist.

What kind of files are you listening to?  If you're listening to "lossy" files
with low end sound cards, the headphones are not going to sound very good.

May 3, 2013 at 1:34 PM Post #11 of 18
What is bad about the sound exactly ? You may just need to get used to the different sound than what you used before, but if this does not happen within a reasonable amount of time, then these might not be the right headphones for you. Also check the audio settings on your PC (try disabling EQ and any other processing, surround sound, etc.), or try the headphones with some other devices.

May 4, 2013 at 3:32 PM Post #13 of 18
The HD201 should have very poor bass and a poor seal. When my friend upgraded his HD201 to a similar headphone, those two things and a huge improvement on soundstage were the biggest changes he noticed at first.

May 4, 2013 at 6:28 PM Post #14 of 18
Which is why I think they may be fake.  Anyhow, I'd know for sure when I get my amp in a week.  If they still sound bad, I'll return them and maybe buy ones from Amazon to be 100% sure.

May 4, 2013 at 10:08 PM Post #15 of 18
Quote:
Which is why I think they may be fake.  Anyhow, I'd know for sure when I get my amp in a week.  If they still sound bad, I'll return them and maybe buy ones from Amazon to be 100% sure.

I'd phone Beyerdynamic, explain the situation (i.e.  that you think you have counterfeit DT770's),
and (based on experience) I think they'll be helpful.

beyerdynamic Inc. USA
56 Central Ave.
Farmingdale, NY 11735
Phone +1 (631) 293-3200

Users who are viewing this thread

Back