DigiZoid ZO FS & ZO FS+ (a.k.a. ZO3) Updates & Discussion Thread
Dec 21, 2013 at 8:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 605

MizMoxie

Member of the Trade: digiZoid
**Latest Official Update**
   Dec 21, 2013

So I know we initially said zo3 would be ready in time for the holidays, but we decided to change our initial game-plan for the enclosure. Based on the not-so-ideal experience we had getting the previous zo enclosures manufactured, we wanted to avoid going down that road again. However, right before Thanksgiving, we were introduced to a local machinist who's using some nifty new techniques (what exactly I'm not sure), which made us reconsider the custom design option. We've sent him the first design, received his feedback, and now making adjustments to optimize usability/aesthetics/price. We should be hearing back from him sometime this week, and if all goes well, will be finalizing everything to get manufacturing started. 

In the mean time, we've been coordinating everything with our component supplier & circuit board manufacturer to make sure they'll be ready to go as soon as the enclosure manufacturing starts. Based on their rough estimate of lead time, we're looking at 6-8 weeks before we start manufacturing.   

Around that time, we'll start taking pre-orders, and will hopefully have a few engineering samples available to send out for preview. Due to the timing/cost of samples, there will be very limited availability for getting a pre-release sample. I was originally planning to conduct a more extensive beta tester program, but time and resources dictated otherwise — sorry guys! 

I think that pretty much covers everything for now.

Dec 22, 2013 at 3:50 AM Post #4 of 605
May we have some images of the new product? 
biggrin.gif

Dec 22, 2013 at 5:21 AM Post #5 of 605
Dec 22, 2013 at 6:49 AM Post #6 of 605
Really pleased that you are making sure everything is right before releasing this. I'm sure it will be worth the wait as a result.
Eight weeks though! Gonna be tough!

Dec 22, 2013 at 8:10 AM Post #7 of 605
Subbed. Want one.

Dec 26, 2013 at 2:21 PM Post #9 of 605
Want

Dec 27, 2013 at 8:35 AM Post #12 of 605
Are you planning on having any beta testers? I'm sure you can get a few of us interested if it's something you want to do, and seems like a good idea.

Dec 27, 2013 at 8:44 AM Post #13 of 605
Are you planning on having any beta testers? I'm sure you can get a few of us interested if it's something you want to do, and seems like a good idea.

+1! :D

So the product delay was the reason why a few technical spec questions on the ZO3 I asked a few weeks ago was not responded ? xD 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back