Dirt cheap small IEMs for sleeping?
Mar 18, 2013 at 7:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

tuan2195

Head-Fier
Hi everybody,

Recently I have had trouble with sleeping in my dorm, and as a result I have taken to using white noise for sleeping. Still, wearing a Atrio M5 to sleep is not be the most comfortable solution around... And is even dangerous to my favorite IEM.

My question is: can you suggest a pair of dirt cheap IEM (~$10) for sleeping? I want it to be as small as possible, and also doesn't protrude too much from the side so that I can sleep on my side with it on comfortably. Sound quality can be crappy, I don't care as I will only be listening to wind noise and raindrops. It's the size that matters.

Thanks!

Mar 18, 2013 at 7:39 PM Post #3 of 7
Due to freak ears, anything will usually get swallowed up by my monsterous conchas. Even the $8.11 Mono 8320s. But from what I hear from my normie friends, the crappy Philips mentioned do quite well. In fact http://www.amazon.com/Philips-SHE6000-28-Surround-Headphones/dp/B003BT6BL4/ref=pd_sim_e_1 these crappy Philips do quite well as well. Something bulbous like say, the Marshmellows probably won't work as well. 

Might also want to make sure the suckers don't have a lot of driver flex if you're a tosser-and-turner in bed. I've been woken up by crappy driver flex before and it isn't fun. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back