DNA Stellaris
Dec 28, 2023 at 10:23 AM Post #646 of 683
I do want to order one but a 12-15 month wait is a long time. Is it really worth it over say grabbing a WA23?

Dec 28, 2023 at 10:27 AM Post #647 of 683
I do want to order one but a 12-15 month wait is a long time. Is it really worth it over say grabbing a WA23?
One could get the WA23, put themselves in the build queue for the Stellaris which is refundable, then make their next decision when their turn comes up.

Dec 28, 2023 at 10:41 AM Post #648 of 683
One could get the WA23, put themselves in the build queue for the Stellaris which is refundable, then make their next decision when their turn comes up.
Good point. Will consider getting on the queue.

Dec 29, 2023 at 5:07 PM Post #649 of 683
This. There is no harm in putting your name on the list and then spending several months researching to decide where you really want to put your money. If you land on WA (or anything else) there is no penalty for canceling your place in line.

On the flip side, if you don't put your name on the list you will never be in line to get a DNA if you decide that is in fact the one for you.

Jan 20, 2024 at 7:05 PM Post #650 of 683
I’m interested in picking up a Rossini or maybe a Bartok (non-apex), does anyone here know how they would pair with the DNA Stellaris?

Currently using an Innuos Zenith Mk3 as a streamer into a Rockna Wavelight. Just looking for a solid upgrade.

Jan 22, 2024 at 2:15 AM Post #651 of 683
I’m interested in picking up a Rossini or maybe a Bartok (non-apex), does anyone here know how they would pair with the DNA Stellaris?

Currently using an Innuos Zenith Mk3 as a streamer into a Rockna Wavelight. Just looking for a solid upgrade.
I cant speak for the Rossini or Bartok.
I use a Vivaldi Apex, but i believe the DCS 'house sound' is consistent throughout the brand. (Warm, Smooth, HUGE staging) . It is quite the opposite of the MSB stuff ( which i also enjoy and intend to get a Select II as a complement sometime this year). I find the MSB stuff to be brighter, more outright resolving and lively(less laid back, relatively speaking to the DCS).

Personally i think it depends on what kind of tuning you are going for. I find the Vivaldi/Stellaris pairing to be a bit too warm for my preferences on darkish headphones like the HD650/ZMF stuff, and i ACTUALLY prefer the mDAVE(which i keep as a spare dac) as a paring for those headphones. The mDave tuning is more towards the MSB sound than the DCS stuff, if that makes any sense.

Basically, whether or not it is a good pairing is 100% subjective.

I also wanna add that the difference in DACs at this point is miniscule and not as big as what most people claim it to be (IMO of course).

Jan 22, 2024 at 3:56 AM Post #652 of 683

Bartok (non APEX) is in a weird position in dCS lineup because the Lina stack is quite a bit better (and someone correct me if I'm wrong it's cheaper also?). Rockna's own Wavedream Signature is also a bit better than the Bartok (more resolving, airier, blacker background).

We should have a chance to test APEX Bartok vs Wavedream Signature soon...

dCS DACs that I have tested tend to sound drier and more analytical than Rockna DACs which lean a bit towards an organic sound so we need to keep that in mind also.

Jan 22, 2024 at 11:38 AM Post #653 of 683
I think if I purchased one it would be a Rossini. Crazy how some think it’s smooth and warm vs others who think it’s analytical.
I like my Wavelight but it can get a touch bright with my Utopia 22 from the Stellaris.
I did enjoy the Caldera’s rolled off, softer top end with it tho.

Mar 21, 2024 at 5:59 PM Post #654 of 683
Any positive experiences with the RAAL interface and either ribbon with Stellaris?

Mar 21, 2024 at 6:01 PM Post #655 of 683
Any positive experiences with the RAAL interface and either ribbon with Stellaris?
I think you mean with the new RAAL 1995 offerings. I used the Stellaris with the CA-1 and while it was able, I preferred it with the CFA-3.

Mar 21, 2024 at 6:02 PM Post #656 of 683
Mar 21, 2024 at 6:04 PM Post #657 of 683
I think you mean with the new RAAL 1995 offerings. I used the Stellaris with the CA-1 and while it was able, I preferred it with the CFA-3.
I primarily wanted implication of the older as we know the 95's will offer more efficiency which can help with Stellaris. If it were optimal.

I'm so grovel-ed with amp solutions. LOL

A great help.

Mar 21, 2024 at 6:11 PM Post #659 of 683
I tried the CA-1A out of the Stellaris with the TI-1C interface. While it got loud in most tracks, the dynamics and the body took a hit. Not a good pairing. Very similar to my experience with Stellaris and Susvaras.
As feared. I hear those whom are happy with the Susvara combo and I'm bewildered.

I knew this wasn't optimal but it's great to get clear confirmation.

Mar 21, 2024 at 6:14 PM Post #660 of 683
As feared. I hear those whom are happy with the Susvara combo and I'm bewildered.

I knew this wasn't optimal but it's great to get clear confirmation.
If it was me and I really wanted the new 1995 series to work with the Stellaris, I'd try it first and if it wasn't enough I'd try the 16ohm interface. It was better with the 16 ohm than the 32ohm with the CA-1A.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back