Do I need to burn in my headphones?
Feb 19, 2015 at 6:17 PM Post #2 of 8
You do not need to. It's debatable how much of a difference burn in makes (whether it's physical or mostly psychological)--if any at all--and you can certainly just burn them in by using them.

Feb 19, 2015 at 6:47 PM Post #3 of 8
Burn-in process is still mystery. No one can confirm that the sound will be different after burn-in or not.
I dont believe much in this, but I still burn my headphone for about 50 hours when I buy a new one to make sure everything is ok lol.
Believe me, you dont have to take this seriously, just enjoy your headphone on the way you like.

Feb 19, 2015 at 7:01 PM Post #5 of 8
I think burn-in is a way for dealers to convince you not to return the products you don't like for at least 2 weeks...
tongue.gif

Agree, probably a logical answer lol.

Feb 19, 2015 at 11:15 PM Post #7 of 8
I used to be a skeptic, ranking the burn in regimen right up there with high dollar usb cables but I now believe that some headphones/IEMs definitely improve with burn in. The key word in that sentence being some. If you want to know if your particular headphones will benefit read what other owners of the hd700 have to say. I have no experience with your headphones but unless you find them annoyingly sibilant I wouldn't worry too much about burning them in. 

Feb 20, 2015 at 3:20 AM Post #8 of 8
Just listen to music on them at normal volumes, and leave them playing at VERY SLIGHTLY higher volume when you aren't using them for the first week. Generally speaking, burn-in for most headphones is your ears and brain getting used to how the headphones sound.

Just enjoy them and don't worry about burn-in. It'll occur naturally as you listen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back